Sally-Anne’s editing experience and qualifications
Sally-Anne Watson Kane, proprietor of On Time Typing, is a:
- professional member of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) (Australia) and Editors Victoria
- registered mentor with IPEd (mentorship program)
- member of Gippsland Editors, Writers Victoria and Gippsland Writers Group
- member of Facebook groups: Secret Editors’ Business, Privacy Professionals Network and Business Women Network East Gippsland
- member of Latrobe Regional Gallery and PEN Melbourne.
Sally-Anne has over 20 years’ experience editing and proofreading reports, manuals, policies and publications.
She has edited reports, policies and manuals for Government Departments, companies, organisations and individuals across Australia, including:
- NT Department of Education, and LeasePlan Australia (policies)
- Brisbane aircraft company (procedures manuals)
- NT Department of Health (procedure manuals)
- Charles Darwin University and Edith Cowan University (reports)
- NT Department of Health (tender submissions)
- Financial Planning company in Gippsland (financial advice reports)
- A number of NT Government departments (selection reports) – ongoing
- Various businesses and companies (submissions and reports) – ongoing
- Psychologist in Bendigo (psychological assessment reports) – ongoing
Sally-Anne is currently producing a local history publication (2018). This includes structural editing, line editing and copy editing the manuscript prior to graphic design, then proofreading the publication.
Sally-Anne has edited the following publications:
- Working title: Indigenous Pathways ((not yet published), 2017. Copy edited by Sally-Anne Watson Kane.
- 100-Up – From Here to Here – Trafalgar Bowls Club Inc 1915 – 2015, 2015. Compiled by Joanne Savige and Graham J Hill. Edited and designed by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. 100-year history of Trafalgar Bowls Club Inc, Victoria. Published in hardcopy by Peewee Press. ISBN: -13:978-1-921216-01-5.
- Sharing our Stories – Territory Women 2005 – 2006, 2006. Transcribed and edited by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. A small book of seven oral presentations by Northern Territorian women. Published in hardcopy by Peewee Press: ISBN 1-921216-00-X.
- Flitter-Squeak, 2003. Text and illustrations by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Edited by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Published in hardcopy by Peewee Press.
- Buibere: Lian Feto Timor Lorosa’e Nian, vol. 2, 2001 (in Tetun language); edited and proofread by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane]. Self-published in hardcopy by Fokupers, Timor Leste. ISBN 0_646_41719_3.
- Ekka’s Journey, 2000. Text and illustrations by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Edited by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Published in hardcopy by Peewee Press.
- Buibere: Voice of East Timorese Women, vol. 1, 1999; edited and proofread by Sally-Anne Watson Kane (under pseudonym ‘Rebecca Winters’). Self-published in hardcopy by ETISC. ISBN 0_9577329_3_7.
- East Timor Interviews Recorded November 1998, 2000; edited by Sally-Anne Watson Kane (under pseudonym ‘Rebecca Winters’). Self-published online by ETISC.
- The Mermaid’s Tale, 1998. Text and illustrations by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Edited by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Published by Peewee Press.
- Children of the Resistance, 1996, written by Sally-Anne Watson Kane (under pseudonyms ‘Rebecca Winters’ and ‘Brian Kelly’). Edited by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Self-published by AFFET. ISBN 0_646_30388_0.
Sally-Anne has completed the following courses and presentations for further development of her skills in writing, editing and operating mall businesses:
- February and March 2018: Own Voices Forum: Why Writing Matters – social model of disability best-practice language, advocacy and power, presented by Writers Victoria in Moe, Victoria. Financial Security for Small Business – workshops 1 and 2, presented by Latrobe City Council in Morwell, Victoria.
- 2017: Business Success workshop presented by Federation Business School, Churchill, Victoria. Certificate of Attendance – Simplified Recruitment Merit Selection Training, by Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment, Public Sector Appeals & Grievances Review, Northern Territory Government.
- 2015 to 2018: training courses around marketing in a digital environment, critiquing manuscripts, SEOing, blogging, and online business management
- 2013 to 2014: Sally-Anne (On Time Typing) presented verbal and written submissions to the Inquiry into Telecommuting and e-Business conducted by the Rural and Regional Committee of the Parliament of Victoria; final report produced and published in 2014: www.parliament.vic.gov.au/rrc
- 2008: Microsoft Publisher – Database & Publications Design – iGain, Victoria
- 2007: Promoting Better Business In Our Region – Rights & Obligations under the Fair Trading Act –Consumer Affairs Victoria
- 2006: Completion of Staff Selection – Interview techniques & interview report writing conducted by Northern Territory Department of Corporate and Information Services.
- 2005: Sally-Anne Watson Kane presented How to make Your Home Based Business Successful workshop at Business Enterprise Centre, Darwin, NT
- 2002 to 2005: attendance at courses and workshops around business planning, marketing and other aspects of managing small businesses, presented by Business Enterprise Centre, Winnellie, Northern Territory.
- 2000: Tetun Language Course conducted by Timor Aid, Dili, East Timor
- 1994 to 1998: Bachelor of Arts (English Literature double-major), Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Northern Territory. High Distinction (HD) awarded for: English Literary History, 20th Century Australian Literature, World Literatures, Modern Literature, Independent Study (William Blake), and Evolution of Humankind and Culture. Distinctions and Credits awarded for: Contemporary Fiction, Indigenous Health Issues, South-East Asian Studies 2.
Back To Blog