Sally-Anne Watson Kane’s editing experience
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is a professional member of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) (Australia), full member and Secretary of Life Stories Australia, and full member of Oral History Victoria. She has 30 years’ writing and editing experience. This is a portfolio of Sally-Anne’s experience editing (1) reports, policies and manuals, and (2) manuscripts for publication.
1. Annual reports, selection reports, policies
Sally-Anne and her team have edited reports and policies for Government departments, companies, organisations and individuals including:
- Selection reports (writing, editing) for Government departments including Health, Justice, Families, Education – NT (since 2002 and ongoing in 2022).
- Submissions, minutes and reports (editing) for various businesses and companies since 1990s, and ongoing in 2022. These include editing an investigation report for a company in Vic (2020); editing psychological assessment reports for a Psychologist in Bendigo – Vic (2018-2020); scribing and editing financial advice reports for a company in Latrobe City, Gippsland – Vic (2010-2018); and editing contracts for a business in NSW (2018-21).
- Annual reports (editing) for various organisations including Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (2021) – NT & Vic.
- Scientific paper – agricultural industry (editing) – DITT, NT (2021).
- Policies (editing) for Department of Education NT (2019), and LeasePlan Australia – Vic (2020s).
- Newsletters (editing) for Department of Education – NT (2020).
- PTANT Strategic Plan (editing) in Northern Territory (2019).
- Procedure manuals (structural and copy editing, design) for Department of Health – NT (2016-18), and for an aircraft company in Brisbane – QLD (2019).
- Reports (editing) for Charles Darwin University and Edith Cowan University (2010-2014).
2. Sally-Anne has edited the following publications
Currently underway in 2022
- Cultural story/picture book based on the author’s oral history/family history.
- Memoir/local history by an author who lives in remote NT.
- Poetry and short story collection by an author from Namibia who lives in Vic.
- Oral history publication – long term project.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane has edited the 20-25 self-published books listed here: Books produced by Sally-Anne.
In addition, Sally-Anne has edited the below manuscripts/publications:
- A memoir, by an author who lived in Victoria and now lives in Scotland. Structural edit. Intended to be self-published for limited distribution. 2022.
- Short stories and partly-written memoirs, by various writers – manuscript appraisals and structural edits/coaching in self-editing, after which the authors continued to rewrite and complete their stories. 2021-2022.
- Murder mystery novel, by an author who lives in New South Wales. Structural edit. Intended for submission to publisher 2022.
- Rohingya Dreams – poetry anthology. Compilation of poetry by Rohingya poets (for whom English is not their first language). Copy edit. The project manager intended the compilation to be self-published in 2021.
- Manuscript – memoir by an author who lives in South Australia. Structural edit. The author intended to self-publish. 2020.
- Academic publication – Indigenous education issues. Copy edit. 2020.
- Academic publication – Indigenous education issues. Copy edit. 2018.
- Manuscript – Instruction on didgeridoo making. Sally-Anne coached this First Nations poet/writer/artist in writing and self-editing his book of poetry, art and instructions on how to make a didgeridoo. Edited to design stage. The author intended it to be designed and self-published. 2004.
- The Caracol (manuscript), Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Rewritten and self-edited by Sally-Anne. Unpublished manuscript. 1994.
Back To Blog