Audio recordings / transcripts
Why send my overflow dictation to On Time Typing?
Why outsource your overflow dictation to us rather than get your typists to do it, or employ an extra typist?
- To save money. As the needs of any business fluctuate, sometimes you won’t have enough typists or enough hours in the day to get all the typing done. If you outsource your overflow work to On Time Typing, the demands of your business will always be met and every cent spent on that typing will be well worth the money.
- To have control over exactly what you spend. We charge ‘per audio minute’ for transcribing dictation so can always give you an exact quote for the total cost of transcribing your dictation. Also, we offer lower rates for less urgent document.
- To get high quality transcripts every time. We guarantee our proofread transcripts and reports to be Highly Accurate – or your money back.
- To make sure your deadlines are met. We always meet the agreed deadline;
- Because it’s very efficient. You send us your digital audio files via our forwarding website; we receive them and transcribe them; we submit the documents to you by email.
On Time Typing has over the years earned an excellent reputation for quality, accuracy, confidentiality and reliability. Contact us for the names of relevant referees.
What sorts of transcripts do you do?
We produce transcripts of one on one interviews, focus groups, meetings and dictation, for:
- academic research
- market research
- internal and external investigations
- litigation/evidence to be submitted at Court
- Annual General Meetings and other meetings
- conferences and workshops.
We transcribe dictation to produce correspondence, reports or other documents; we are experienced in transcribing dictated reports for medical, psychologist, financial and property valuation professions.
We either scribe as you speak via telephone, or on site, to produce those documents; or if you have recorded your event on audio files we will give you instructions for sending us your recordings on line then transcribe those recordings into the transcripts or documents you need.
If you need transcripts, we offer two types of transcripts depending on the level of accuracy you need:
- Proofread Transcripts: recommended for transcripts of academic or market research interviews and focus groups, conversations, lectures and meetings, any transcripts that may be used for litigation purposes, investigations, and dictation of medical, legal and financial advice reports and correspondence. We transcribe the recording into a draft transcript; then proofread that transcript against the audio recording to fill in any gaps, correct mis-heard words and typos, research (via Google) to confirm the names of places and people, the correct spelling of specialist words, and insert punctuation for best readability. We offer a signed Guarantee of Highly Accurate Transcripts and a Money Back Guarantee of Highly Accurate Transcripts (for audible recordings).
- 1st Draft Transcripts: recommended for transcripts that the client intends to proofread themselves; proofreading will be required to correct any mis-spelt or misheard words and improve punctuation. Also recommended where the audio recordings are of good audio quality and transcripts do not need to be guaranteed to be highly accurate. We transcribe the recording into a 1st Draft Transcript that is likely to contain some mistakes and missing words but will be a reasonably accurate 1st Draft Transcript. Note: the 1st Draft Transcript service is available only for audio recordings that are clearly audible and that involve one or two speakers.
My recording is on a digital recorder, can you transcribe it?
Yes. First, you’ll need to give us a call so we can clarify what you need and how you would like to send us your audio recording, and send you a quote. Then:
- Upload the audio recording onto your computer (by plugging the recorder into a computer and uploading the audio file)
- If your recording is very short (up to 10 minutes long) or in DSS format, email it to us as an attachment
- If your recording is longer and too large to be sent as an attachment to an email, you’ll need to send the audio file to us via our forwarding website. Upon confirmation of your booking, we will email you the instructions and password to send us your audio file via this method.
Alternatively, you can copy the audio file onto a USB stick and post it to us. However, this method takes longer and is less efficient than simply sending the audio file to us via our forwarding website.
I’ve recorded a conversation on my iphone. Can I email it to you?
Yes, as long as you can upload that recording onto your computer, so it can be sent to us.
First, please give us a call so that we can clarify what you need and how you would like to send us your audio recording, and send you a quote.Next you ‘ll need to save the recording onto your computer, or a device from which you can send me an email.
If your recording is very short (up to 10 minutes’ long) or in DSS format you can usually email it to us as an attachment to the email.
If your audio recording is more than 10 minutes’ long and not in DSS format, the file may be too large to send via email in which case you will need to send the audio file to On Time Typing via our forwarding website. Upon confirmation of your booking, we will provide you with the instructions and password to send us your audio file via this method.
Alternatively, if your audio file is too large to be attached to an email, you could copy the audio recording onto a USB stick and post it to us. However, this method takes longer and is less efficient than simply sending the audio file to us via our forwarding website.
Do you transcribe audio-cassettes?
To be honest, nobody has asked us to transcribe a cassette recording for about four years but we still own two transcription machines for transcribing both mini-cassette and standard sized cassette recordings so if your recordings are on audio-cassettes, we may be able to help.
First we’ll provide you with a quote. We’ll then need to listen to the audio cassettes to verify the audio quality of your recordings and confirm the quote. We will submit the transcripts to you by email and return the cassettes to you either by delivery/pickup or via registered post.
Can you type up a transcript for evidence in Court?
Whether or not your recording or the transcript of that recording will be admissible as evidence in a Court of Law will depend on various factors, therefore before we transcribe your recording you should seek legal advice to confirm that the transcript of your recording is admissible as evidence.
We recommend Proofread Transcripts (with a money-back guarantee of accuracy for audible recordings) for internal or external investigations, hearings, interviews with police or lawyers, or conversations that may be used as evidence in Court.
At the top of the transcript we include some important details about the transcript including a description of the audibility of the recording and level of accuracy of the transcript.
We transcribe your recording into a 1st Draft Transcript then proofread that transcript against the audio recording very carefully to produce a highly accurate Proofread Transcript (of all comments that are audible).
Can I get a transcript of a video?
Yes, most digital video files can be converted into audio files (which we need to do in order to transcribe them).
First we will provide you with a quote for transcribing the video recording. We then send you the instructions for sending the video file to us via our forwarding website. When you send us your video file, we will then convert it into an audio file and produce your transcript.