- We scribe as you speak: life stories, memoirs, articles, reports
- After scribing, we edit your words and move them around as needed, so they are easy to read and in the right order; this is called ‘structural editing’
- We edit your words or stories into the type of document you want: for example, a testimonial, letter, article or self-published book
- We scribe reports, dictation and meetings, and edit those documents into well-presented reports and minutes
- We scribe and write publications, articles, policies, reports
- We offer a free initial consultation and quote (via telephone or Zoom), and a signed Guarantee of Confidentiality
- If we have a team member who lives near you, we may arrange to meet you face to face. Otherwise, we will consult with you via email, telephone and/or Zoom/other online.
- Our scribes are based in: Gippsland, Bendigo and Melbourne, Victoria; Cairns and Toowoomba, Queensland; and Darwin and Alice Springs, Northern Territory. For more information, go to: Our scribes.
For further details, see below.
Scribing – typing what you say, as you speak
On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading has as small team of scribes specialising in oral history and memoir, and scribing dictation as you speak.
We scribe (or type) as you speak, straight into our computer. We then edit your words, as well as any documentation you have given us, to compile and produce your document – testimonies, articles, self-published life stories or memoirs, reports, minutes of meetings.
We scribe via telephone or Zoom, across Australia, and if you live near one of our scribes, we can scribe for you face to face.
Note: if you have audio recordings to be typed up, go to Audio transcription.
On Time Typing Books and Life Stories
- Sally-Anne Watson Kane is owner/operator On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading, and On Time Typing Books and Life Stories. She specialises in writing/scribing, editing and producing life stories, autobiography and memoir, as self-published books.
- Sally-Anne Watson Kane is a full member and Secretary of the Board of Life Stories Australia Inc (LSA), a professional member of IPEd, and a full member of Oral History Victoria, Northern Territory Writers Centre, and Gippsland Writers Network.
- Sally-Anne and her team have produced a large number of self-published life stories, memoirs and oral histories for our clients. These are listed here.
- We consult with you (via phone, Zoom or face to face) and scribe-as-you-speak your dictation or stories. After this, we edit it so it is easy to read, making sure we preserve your words, your voice, your story. The way we edit it will depend on your target audience (e.g. if it is a book, whether it’s for your family, or the public)
- If you wish to self-publish your stories, memoir or autobiography, as a book, we edit, compile and design your story as a self-published hardcopy book (with an ISBN and barcode if you wish), either hardcover or softcover
- If you are on a tight budget and just want your story typed up and stapled or spiral-bound (into a booklet) for you or your family, we can edit your story so it is clear and in the right order, and produce it as either (a) a document ready for you to photocopy, or (b) a photocopied, bound booklet ready for you to share.
Scribing short documents – submissions, applications, resumes
- If you know what you want to say but are not sure how to best say it, we scribe what you are saying, as you speak, then edit or rewrite that information so it is clearly written and easy to read, but still in your words, your voice
- The style we use to present your document in will depend on your ‘voice’ and also on your target audience/recipient of the document
- We scribe-as-you-speak articles, testimonies or other documents
- We scribe-as-you-speak letters to organisations or companies
- We scribe-as-you-speak application letters (against selection criteria) and information for resumes, then format them so they look professional
- We scribe-as-you-speak content for your websites then write them into the required style.
Scribing and writing reports and minutes
- We scribe selection reports including interviews of applicants, panel discussions (assessments, comparisons and conclusions), referee reports
- We write the report in the required style, which will depend on your target audience. e.g. we scribe, write and edit selection and procurement reports to meet Australian or State/Territory government reporting standards. Annual or other reports that are to be published need to be edited to a high standard
- We scribe psychologist and other specialist reports
- We scribe, write and edit minutes of Annual General Meetings, committee and board meetings, workshops, seminars
- We write minutes in the required style – as per your agenda, and as per your previous minutes and/or target audience
- See some of our clients here: Minutes and report-writing: our clients.
Writing and scribing/writing: life stories, oral history, memoir
- Sally-Anne Watson Kane has been writing, scribing/writing and editing life stories and oral histories, that have been self-published, since 1996. All the publications we have edited that have been self-published have required the ability to write or rewrite in the voice of the specific storyteller/author
- We scribe, write and/or rewrite then edit your oral or written material into publications, articles, reports, submissions, letters or other documents
- We also write or assist the author in writing the front matter for their self-published book, including introductions, blurbs and other front matter content.
- We have written all the content in our website (2004-current) and our Blog (January 2016 – current), and have authored our own publications.
- For more information, go to: Our publications.
- We have been writing selection reports for Northern Territory Government (NTG) agencies for over 20 years. Our turnaround is 3-5 days. Over the years we have written hundreds of reports for NTG Departments including Justice (Youth Justice, Corrections), Family and Children’s Services, Health (Remote Health, Mental Health Services), Auditor-General’s Department. In 2022, we continue to specialise in scribing and writing NTG selection reports.
- We have been scribing and writing minutes and reports of meetings such as Annual General Meetings, committee and board meetings, procurement panels, public hearings, and community meetings, for 30 years.
- See some of our report-writing clients here: Report-writing: our clients.
Sally-Anne has authored the below reports and submissions:
- Submission to Inquiry into Telecommuting and e-Business by Rural and Regional Committee of the Parliament of Victoria (report published 2014)
- Submissions for nomination to the Gippsland Business Awards committee, both successful (2013 and 2017)
- Successful funding application and subsequent acquittal reports to USAID/OTI, for Fokupers, Timor Leste (2000-2001)
- Report based on data and oral accounts in Timor Leste: Health and nutrition in Coleato Leotelo according to the people of Coleato Leotelo (2001). Submitted to WHO, Dili, Timor Leste; published online 2001.
Our scribes and writers
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is our main scribe and writer. Our other scribes and minute-takers are Danikka, Hannah, Christine, Jody and Meg. For more information about our scribing team go to: Our scribes.
Our scribes and writers live in Victoria, Alice Springs, Queensland and Northern Territory. We scribe your reports, life stories, testimonies, dictation or publications, via telephone , regardless of where you live in Australia.
We work and communicate with all clients via telephone, email, teleconference, Zoom and other platforms. We are happy to use our own Zoom account for all meetings where we are present.
Scribing via telephone/Zoom – or scribing on site
We can scribe your story, dictation, minutes, report or publication, as you speak, via telephone or internet, regardless of where you live in Australia.
The method we use to scribe the information depends on your personal preference. You may be most comfortable speaking to us while we type what you say, via telephone. Or you may wish the scribing session to be via Zoom, Skype or another platform.
If you need someone to scribe a meeting that is being held via teleconference (or Zoom, or another platform), we can link in to your meeting, or we can create a meeting using our own Zoom account and use that.
If you need someone to scribe your story, dictation, minutes or report on site, we may be able to do this, depending on your location. That is, if the event is to be held (or you live) in the area of one of our scribes, we can offer to scribe it on site. We have scribes available for face-to-face scribing in Gippsland, Central Victoria, Alice Springs, Darwin and Cairns.
Face-to-face meetings of more than seven participants require either 1) on-site scribing, or 2) a digital recording of the meeting which can then be transcribed. For more information, go to: Audio transcription services).
- We have been scribing memoirs and reports via telephone for 19 years
- We have been scribing minutes of meetings via Zoom since 2019
- Free initial consultation and quote, and general communications
- No charge for any time required to research your subject area
- Scribing selection and procurement reports: combination of an hourly rate and charges per section of reports required
- Scribing life stories, publications, articles, or minuts: hourly rate or a fixed quote based on that rate.
Call us for a free consultation and quote on: 0419 337824, or Contact us.