- We scribe as you speak: life stories, memoirs, articles, reports
- After scribing, we edit your words so they are easy to read and in the right order; this requires writing or rewriting
- We edit your words or stories into self-published books, articles (including SEO if appropriate), or other documents
- We scribe reports, dictation and meetings, and edit those documents into well-presented reports and minutes
- We write publications, articles, policies, reports
- We offer a free initial consultation and quote (via telephone or Zoom), and a signed Guarantee of Confidentiality
- We consult with you via email, telephone, Zoom or the platform of your choice. We can also meet with you face to face where possible.
For detailed description of our scribing and writing services, see below.
Scribing (typing what you say, as you speak)
On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading scribes as you speak, straight into our computer. We then edit your words, as well as any documentation you have given us, to write and produce your document. We produce life stories or memoirs, reports, articles, minutes of meetings. For further information, see below.
We scribe via telephone or Zoom, across Australia, and face to face in certain locations.
Note: if you have recorded your story or information into an audio file: we scribe the audio recordings into a transcript. We then submit the transcripts, or edit them for you, as you wish. Go to: Audio transcription.
Life story, autobiography or memoir
- Our self-published life stories, memoirs and oral histories are listed here.
- Our life stories writer, Sally-Anne Watson Kane, is a full member and Secretary of Life Stories Australia Inc (LSA).
- We scribe your memories or life story as you speak, straight into our computer
- We then edit your story so it is easy to read
- We edit or rewrite the information into the style it needs to be presented in, which will depend on your target audience (e.g. family, or self-published book)
- If you wish to self-publish your stories, memoir or autobiography, we edit the story you have told us so it is in the right order. This usually requires some rewriting (which some people call ‘ghost writing’). If you wish, we can design and produce your story as a self-published hard copy book (with an ISBN and barcode), or as an article or series of articles
- If you only want a stapled or spiral-bound document (or booklet) for you or your family, we can edit your story so it is clear and in the right order, and produce it as either (a) a document ready for you to photocopy, or (b) a photocopied, bound document or booklet ready for you to use
Articles, letters, applications, resumes
- If you know what you want to say but are not sure how to best say it, we scribe what you are saying, as you speak, then edit or rewrite that information so it is clearly written and easy to read
- We edit or rewrite the information into the style it needs to be presented in, which will depend on your target audience/recipient of the document
- We scribe your information then write articles (including SEO if required)
- We scribe testimonies or other documents outlining your experiences
- We scribe letters to organisations or companies (e.g. applications, complaints)
- We scribe application letters (against selection criteria) and resumes
- We scribe content for websites and articles then write them into the required style.
Scribing (and writing) reports and minutes
- We scribe interviews of applicants into verbatim transcripts
- We scribe panel discussions (assessments, comparisons and conclusions)
- We scribe referee reports into verbatim transcripts and summaries
- We write the report in the required style, which will depend on your target audience. e.g. we scribe, write and edit selection and procurement reports to meet Australian or State/Territory government reporting standards. Annual or other reports that are to be published need to be edited to a high standard
- We scribe psychologist and other specialist reports
- We scribe, write and edit minutes of Annual General Meetings, committee and board meetings, workshops, seminars
- We write minutes in the required style – as per your agenda, and as per your previous minutes and/or target audience
- See some of our clients here: Minutes and report-writing: our clients.
Writing (or scribing/writing): life stories, articles
- Sally-Anne Watson Kane has been writing, scribing/writing and editing self-published life stories and articles since 1996. All the publications we have edited that have been self-published have required not only editing skills but also the ability to write in the voice of the storyteller/author
- We write, rewrite and/or edit your information into publications, articles, reports, submissions, letters or other documents
- We not only scribe and write the main content of publications; we also write or assist the author in writing the front matter including introductions, blurbs and/or other front matter content.
- We have written the whole content of our website (2004-current) and all the articles in our Blog (January 2016 – current). We have also authored our own publications. For more information, go to: Our publications.
- We have been writing selection reports for NT and Commonwealth Government agencies for 20 years. Our turnaround is 3-5 days. Over the years we have written many hundreds of reports for Departments including Justice (Youth Justice, Corrections), Family and Children’s Services, Health (Remote Health, Mental Health Services), Auditor-General’s Department.
- We have been scribing and writing minutes and reports of meetings such as AGMs, committee and board meetings, procurement panels and public hearings, for 30 years.
- See some of our report-writing clients here: Report-writing: our clients.
Sally-Anne has authored the below reports and submissions:
- Submission to Inquiry into Telecommuting and e-Business by Rural and Regional Committee of the Parliament of Victoria (report published 2014)
- Submissions for nomination to the Gippsland Business Awards committee, both successful (2013 and 2017)
- Successful funding application and subsequent acquittal reports to USAID/OTI, for Fokupers, Timor Leste (2000-2001)
- Report based on data and oral accounts in Timor Leste: Health and nutrition in Coleato Leotelo according to the people of Coleato Leotelo (2001). Submitted to WHO, Dili, Timor Leste; published online 2001.
Our scribes and writers
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is our main scribe and writer. Our other scribes and minute-takers are Dee, Hannah, Christine and Amanda.
Our scribes and writers scribe your reports, life stories, testimonies, dictation or publications, via telephone , regardless of where you live in Australia.
We work and communicate with all clients via telephone, email, teleconference, Zoom and other platforms. We have a Zoom account.
Where COVID-19 restrictions allow, we can also meet with you face-to-face to discuss a query, quote or booking, if you live in or near:
- Gippsland, Bendigo or Melbourne, Victoria
- Alice Springs, Northern Territory
- Cairns, North Queensland.
For more information, go to: Our scribes: who are we?
Scribing via telephone/Zoom
We can scribe your story, dictation, minutes, report or publication, as you speak, via telephone or internet, regardless of where you live in Australia.
You may be comfortable speaking to us while we type what you say, via telephone. Or you may wish our consultation to be via Zoom, Skype or another platform. The method we use to scribe as you speak depends on your personal preference.
If you want someone to scribe a meeting that is being held via teleconference (or Zoom, or another platform), we can link in to your meeting. We can scribe the minutes, regardless of how many people are present. For more information, go to: Staying connected (using Zoom) while working from home.
Our scribes live in Victoria, New South Wales, Alice Springs, North Queensland and New South Wales. At the moment, due to COVID-19, we are not meeting clients face-to-face. However, once the COVID-19 crisis is over, if you live in these locations, we may be able to provide you with a face-to-face scribe.
- We have been scribing memoirs and reports via telephone for 19 years
- We have been scribing minutes of meetings via Zoom since 2019
- Pre-COVID-19, we often scribed minutes of meetings on site. Face-to-face meetings of more than seven participants require either 1) on-site scribing, or 2) a digital recording of the meeting which can then be transcribed. For more information, go to: Audio transcription services).
- Free initial consultation and quote, and general communications
- No charge for any time required to research your subject area
- Scribing selection and procurement reports: combination of an hourly rate and charges per section of reports required
- Scribing life stories, publications, articles, or minuts: hourly rate or a fixed quote based on that rate.
Call us for a free consultation and quote on: 0419 337824, or Contact us.