Scribing and Writing – Life Stories, Memoirs, Reports, Minutes
- We scribe as you speak: life stories, memories, articles, letters, testimonies
- After scribing, we edit your words so they are easy to read and in the right order; this usually requires a large amount of rewriting (or ‘ghost writing’)
- We edit your stories into self-published books, or documents for your family
- We scribe reports, dictation and meetings, and edit those documents into well-presented reports and minutes
- We scribe via telephone/internet across Australia, and on site in certain locations
- We write, and rewrite (or ‘ghost write’) publications, articles, websites, reports
- We offer a free initial consultation and quote, and signed Guarantee of Confidentiality.
On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading scribes as you speak, straight into our computer. We then edit your words, as well as any documentation you have given us. This usually requires some rewriting (or ‘ghost writing’).
We scribe, write and edit your words or story to produce:
- Your life story, autobiography or memoir – as either a self-published book, or just a spiral-bound or stapled document for you or your family
- Letters, testimonies, articles, websites or any other document
- Selection reports, referees’ reports, procurement reports
- Minutes of meetings – board meetings, workshops, seminars
We scribe via telephone, across Australia. We also scribe on site, depending on your location.
Note: if you have recorded your story or information onto a digital audio file: we scribe the audio recordings into a transcript. We then submit them either ‘as is’ or edit them into a self-published book. Go to: Audio transcription.
Life story, autobiography or memoir
- We scribe your memories or life story as you speak, straight into our computer
- We then edit your story so it is easy to read
- We edit or rewrite the information into the style it needs to be presented in, which will depend on your target audience (e.g. family, or self-published book)
- If you wish to self-publish your stories, memoir or autobiography, we edit the story you have told us so it is in the right order. This usually requires some rewriting (which some people call ‘ghost writing’). If you wish, we can design and produce your story as a self-published hard copy book (with an ISBN and barcode), or as an article or series of articles
- If you want a stapled or spiral-bound document (or booklet) for your family, and don’t want to self-publish, if you wish we will edit your story so it is in the right order, and produce it as either (a) a document ready for you to photocopy, or (b) a photocopied, bound document or booklet ready for you to use
- See some of the spoken word stories we have scribed that have been self-published, here: Our publications.
Letters, testimonies, articles, websites and other documents
- If you know what you want to say but are not sure how to best say it, we scribe what you are saying, as you speak, then edit or rewrite that information so it is clearly written and easy to read
- We edit or rewrite the information into the style it needs to be presented in, which will depend on your target audience/recipient of the document
- We scribe testimonies or other documents outlining your experiences
- We scribe letters to organisations or companies (e.g. applications, complaints)
- We scribe content for websites and articles then write them into the required style.
- We scribe interviews of applicants into verbatim transcripts
- We scribe panel discussions (assessments, comparisons and conclusions)
- We scribe referee reports into verbatim transcripts and summaries
- We write the report in the required style, which will depend on your target audience. e.g. we scribe, write and edit selection and procurement reports to meet Australian or State/Territory government reporting standards. Annual or other reports that are to be published need to be edited to a high standard
- We scribe psychologist and other specialist reports
- See some of our report-writing clients here: Scribing and reports: our clients.
- We scribe, write and edit minutes of Annual General Meetings, committee and board meetings, workshops, seminars
- We write the minutes in the required style, which will depend on your target audience
- See some of our minute-taking clients here: Scribing and reports: our clients.
Writing or re-writing life stories (articles or self-published books)
- Sally-Anne Watson Kane has been writing, rewriting (or ‘ghost writing’) and editing publications since 1996. All the publications we have edited that have been self-published have required a certain level of ‘ghost writing’ (i.e. writing extra information into the book).
- Rather than ‘ghost writing’ your book or article, we scribe your spoken or written words then edit and rewrite in such a way that we ensure your voice comes through clearly in the story. By consulting and scribing as you speak, the story we write will reflect your own words wherever possible, although those words are rewritten and re-ordered where necessary to ensure your story is easy to read
- This year (1999) we have been engaged in editing (a) articles for publication, (b) a self-published memoir, and (c) a memoir that we will produce as a self-published book. All these have required scribing, writing, rewriting and extensive editing
- We have written the introductions, blurbs and/or other content for our clients’ publications, and have authored publications. For more information, go to: Our publications.
- We write all the articles in our Blog (January 2016 – current)
- We have written (and continually edit) our website content: On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading (2004 – current)
- We wrote about 12 articles that were published in newspapers in the 1990s.
- We have been writing (or ‘ghost writing’) selection reports for NT and Commonwealth Government agencies for 20 years. Our turnaround is 3-5 days. Over the years we have written many hundreds of reports for Departments including Justice (Youth Justice, Corrections), Family and Children’s Services, Health (Remote Health, Mental Health Services), Auditor-General’s Department.
- We have been writing (or ‘ghost writing’) minutes and reports of meetings such as AGMs, committee and board meetings, procurement panels and public hearings, for 30 years.
- See some of our report-writing clients here: Report-writing: our clients.
Sally-Anne has authored the below reports and submissions:
- Submission to Inquiry into Telecommuting and e-Business by Rural and Regional Committee of the Parliament of Victoria (report published 2014)
- Submissions for nomination to the Gippsland Business Awards committee, both successful (2013 and 2017)
- Successful funding application and subsequent acquittal reports to USAID/OTI, for Fokupers, Timor Leste (2000-2001)
- Report based on data and oral accounts in Timor Leste: Health and nutrition in Coleato Leotelo according to the people of Coleato Leotelo (2001). Submitted to WHO, Dili, Timor Leste; published online 2001.
Our scribes and writers
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is our main scribe and writer. Our other scribes and minute-takers are Dee, Christine and Amanda.
Our scribes and writers scribe your reports, life stories, testimonies, dictation or publications, via telephone , regardless of where you live in Australia.
We can consult with you face-to-face to discuss a query, quote or booking, if you live in or near:
- Gippsland, Bendigo or Melbourne, Victoria
- Darwin, Northern Territory
- Adelaide, South Australia
- Cairns, North Queensland
- Coffs Harbour, New South Wales.
For more information, go to: Our scribes: who are we?
Scribing via telephone/internet vs scribing face-to-face
We can scribe your story, dictation, minutes, report or publication, as you speak, via telephone or internet, regardless of where you live in Australia.
You may be comfortable speaking to us while we type what you say, via telephone. You may wish our consultation to be via Skype or another internet method. Or you may be more comfortable working with us face-to-face.
How we scribe as you speak depends on two things: (a) your personal preference, and (b) where you live.
Our scribes live in Victoria, New South Wales and North Queensland and New South Wales. If you live in these locations, we may be able to provide you with a face-to-face scribe.
Re: scribing via telephone/internet
- If you want to tell your life story or memoir and don’t live near our scribes, we can consult you via telephone. We have scribed memoirs and produced self-published books publications for people who we have never met face-to-face
- If you want someone to scribe a meeting that is being held via teleconference (or an internet app), we can link in to your meeting. We can scribe the minutes of the meeting, regardless of how many people are present.
- If your meeting is on-site and has fewer than seven participants, we can scribe your meeting via telephone or internet, regardless of your location
Note: if your meeting has seven or more face-to-face participants, you will need either (a) an on-site scribe to record the meeting, or (b) to record the meeting and send us a digital audio file for transcription (see Audio transcription services).
- Free initial consultation and quote, and general communications
- No charge for any time required to research your subject area
- Scribing selection and procurement reports: combination of an hourly rate and charges per section of reports required
- Scribing life stories, publications, articles, or minuts: hourly rate or a fixed quote based on that rate.
Call us for a free consultation and quote on: 0419 337824, or Contact us.