Editing reports and publications, proofreading, self-publishing services
On Time Typing provides editing, proofreading and self-publishing services across Australia.
Editing and proofreading:
- Policies, reports (including annual reports) and manuals
- Fiction and non-fiction publications, and poetry
- Websites, to better represent your business and attract customers
- English copy written by second-language authors, and English translations
- We use Word 2016, PDF, PowerPoint, MS Visio, Excel and other programs
- Planning, editing, proofreading, graphic design, obtaining printer and other quotations, liaising with printer
- Experienced in designing fiction and non-fiction publications and reports.
What we will do for you
- Provide a free consultation and quote and (upon request) a signed Guarantee of Confidentiality
- Clarify your target audience and edit your document in the style best suited to that audience; and/or proofread your document to a high standard
- Self-publishing services: project planning (timelines and budget), coordinating contributors and providers, structural, copy and line editing, proofreading, graphic design, obtaining ISBN, writing copy and/or ‘extras’, obtain quotations from printer, printer liaison.
Editing and proofreading
Reports, policies, manuals
On Time Typing edits and proofreads reports, policies and other documents in Word, InDesign and PDF for Government Departments, companies, businesses, organisations and individuals across Australia.
Our clients include:
- NT Department of Education, and LeasePlan Australia (several policy suites)
- Brisbane aircraft company (aircraft maintenance procedures manual)
- NT Department of Health (procedure manuals)
- Charles Darwin University and Edith Cowan University (reports)
- NT Department of Health (tender submissions)
- Financial Planning company in Gippsland (financial advice reports)
- A number of NT Government departments (selection reports) – ongoing
- Various businesses and companies (submissions and reports) – ongoing
- Psychologist in Bendigo (psychological assessment reports) – ongoing
publications and websites
- Some of the publications we have edited are listed here: Publications by Peewee Press and Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- On Time Typing edits, proofreads and designs publications in Word, InDesign and PDF, and online (e.g. websites).
On Time Typing’s editors and graphic designers are:
- Sally-Anne Watson Kane, owner of On Time Typing, is a full member of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) and Editors Victoria and a registered mentor with IPEd, and has 30 years’ experience in writing, editing and proofreading publications and reports. For a detailed description of Sally-Anne’s training and qualifications, go to: Professional development.
- Claire McGregor is an IPEd-accredited editor and graphic designer, is a full member of IPEd and Editors Victoria, and an experienced graphic designer with extensive experience in editing and proofreading a range of fiction and non-fiction publications. She has completed Diploma in Feature Writing (Honours) and IPEd’s Accreditation examination.
- Sue McKinnon is an associate member of IPEd and Editors Victoria, has extensive experience in writing and editing reports and scribing minuts of meetings, and is an editor-in-training with On Time Typing. She has completed Bachelor of Arts (English Literature double major) and Certificate in Editing and Proofreading and is currently undertaking Copy editing (intermediate) with Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP), and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate IV.
- Dee Sansom has extensive experience in scribing minutes of meetings, writing newsletters, copy editing professional journals, and proofreading reports, manuals and publications.
On Time Typing provides the following self-publishing services:
- Free initial consultation and quote
- Project planning, writing copy and/or ‘extras’, ISBN liaison/purchase, graphic design, obtaining quotations from printers, liaising with the printer and producing the publication.
- Structural (developmental), line and copy editing, and proofreading
- Graphic design (in InDesign)
- Writing funding applications including timelines and budgets for the publication; assisting with funding acquittal reports
- On Time Typing may at our discretion offer to publish your book under the Peewee Press imprint and with a Peewee Press ISBN.
For a portfolio of our self-publishing experience, go to: Publications by Peewee Press and Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- There is no charge for an initial consultation
- Once a quote has been provided and you have accepted that quote, the charges in that quotation will apply; i.e. if an hourly rate has been quoted, the subsequent hours of work will be charged at the rates outlined in the quote
- Our services are charged either at an hourly rate, or at a fixed rate for the whole task (based on the estimated hours for the whole task)
- Call us for a free consultation and quote: 0419 337824.