Editing and proofreading reports, publications, poetry; beta reading; self-publishing services
On Time Typing provides editing, proofreading, beta reading and self-publishing services across Australia.
We offer a signed guarantee of confidentiality.
For a list of our current and previous clients, see below.
Editing, proofreading, manuscript appraisal, beta reading
Editing reports, policies, manuals, websites
On Time Typing edits and proofreads reports, policies and manuals in Word, InDesign and PDF for Government Departments, companies, businesses, organisations and individuals across Australia.
We edit and proofread in Word 2016, PDF, InDesign, PowerPoint, Excel and online.
Editing fiction and non-fiction publications
On Time Typing edits fiction and non-fiction publications in Word and online. We proofread fiction and non-fiction publications in Word, InDesign, PDF and online.
Poetry: collaborative editing, poetry manuscript assessment, coaching
On Time Typing edits poetry collaboratively with the poet to assist in producing the perfect poem or book of poems. Alternatively, we provide a manuscript assessment of your collection or anthology of poetry; or coaching sessions in editing your own poetry. For information about our approach to editing poetry, go to: Collaborative poetry editing.
Manuscript appraisal – fiction, non-fiction
We offer manuscript (MS) appraisals for fiction, non-fiction (including memoir, biography and autobiography) and poetry manuscripts. Our manuscript assessors are all qualified editors and members of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd).
We read your MS, taking notes. A few days to a week later, we review the MS and provide you with a detailed report that assesses your MS against our checklist of issues. For more information, go to: link pending: On Time Typing manuscript appraisals.
Beta reading – fiction, non-fiction
We offer beta reading for fiction and non-fiction (including memoir, biography and autobiography). Our beta readers are avid readers although most of them are not editors. Our beta readers read then review the MS, and give you a two to three page report responding to our checklist of issues. For more information, go to: What is a beta reader?
For information about our editing and proofreading experience, go to:
If you have written a manuscript and are ready for the next step of self-publishing, On Time Typing can assist by:
- typing, editing, designing and/or proofreading the publication, or
- producing all aspects of the publication for you, to printed stage.
Our services include
- explaining the processes of editing and self-publishing to you and providing you with a quote, at no charge
- project planning, ISBN liaison/purchase, graphic design, obtaining quotes from printers and overseeing the publication process
- writing timelines and budgets for the publication
- typing handwritten/typed manuscripts
- structural (developmental) editing
- line editing and copy editing
- graphic design (Word or InDesign)
- proofreading (InDesign or PDF).
- printer liaison and overseeing the final process, including proofreading the ‘final proofs’, to printed book stage.
For information about our design services, go to: Graphic design
Editing and proofreading
We have edited and proofread policies and reports for:
- Public sector: Department of Education (NT), Department of Health (NT), Department of Justice (NT), Department of Territory Families (NT)
- Universities: Charles Darwin University (NT), Edith Cowan University (WA).
- Companies and businesses: LeasePlan Australia (VIC), Financial Planning company (VIC), Brisbane aircraft company (QLD), David Mitchell Psychologist in Bendigo (VIC); various businesses in VIC, NT and NSW (ongoing).
We have edited and proofread publications for: Fokupers (Timor Leste), ETISC (NT), YWCA (NT), Trafalgar Bowls Club, Crib Point Football and Netball Club and Crib Point Cricket Club (VIC).
We have produced self-published books (to published stage) for:
- Crib Point Football and Netball Club and Crib Point Cricket Club (VIC)
- Trafalgar Bowls Club Inc (VIC) – published by Peewee Press
- YWCA of Darwin Inc (NT) – published by Peewee Press
- Fokupers (Timor Leste)
- ETISC (NT)
- AFFET (NT).
On Time Typing’s editors are Sally-Anne Watson Kane, Sue McKinnon, Dee Sansom and Claire McGregor*. For information about our editing and designing experience and qualifications, go to: About our editors.
* Claire is also one of our graphic designers
- Free initial consultation and quote
- Once a quote has been provided and you have accepted that quote, the quoted charges will apply to the work done after your acceptance of the quote
- Our services are charged either at an hourly rate, or at a fixed rate for the whole task (based on the estimated hours for the whole task)
- Call us for a chat and/or free consultation and quote: 0419 337824.