Editing and proofreading reports, publications; poetry editing; beta reading; self-publishing services
On Time Typing provides editing, proofreading, beta reading, manuscript appraisal and self-publishing services across Australia.
We offer a free consultation and quote, and a signed guarantee of confidentiality.
For information about our graphic design services, go to: Graphic design.
Editing reports, websites, fiction and non-fiction publications
On Time Typing edits and proofreads reports, policies, manuals, fiction and non-fiction publications in Word, InDesign and PDF, and online.
Our clients are Government Departments, companies, businesses, organisations and individuals across Australia.
On Time Typing edits poetry collaboratively with the poet to produce the perfect poem or book of poems. Alternatively, we provide telephone/online coaching sessions in editing your own poetry.
For information about how we work with you to edit your poetry, go to: Editing poetry collaboratively.
Manuscript appraisal, beta reading
Manuscript appraisal – fiction, non-fiction, poetry
We offer manuscript appraisals for fiction, non-fiction (including memoir, biography and autobiography) and poetry manuscripts. Our manuscript assessor, Claire, is a qualified editor and member of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd).
We read through your manuscript, taking notes, then review the manuscript and write a detailed report that assesses your manuscript against our checklist of issues. For information about the checklist, what you can expect from our appraisal report or a quote, call Sally-Anne on 0419 337 824.
Beta reading – fiction, non-fiction
We offer beta reading for fiction and non-fiction (including memoir, biography and autobiography). Our beta readers are aged from 25 to 55. They are: Adele, Sue, Christine, Christina, and Natalie.
Our beta readers read then review the manuscript, and write a two to three page report against our beta reading checklist. For information about the checklist, what you can expect from our beta reading report or a quote, call Sally-Anne on 0419 337 824.
Note: our beta readers are all avid readers but they are not qualified editors.
For more information, go to: What is a beta reader?
If you have written or typed a manuscript and are ready for the next step of self-publishing your hard copy publication, On Time Typing can:
- assist you with suggestions for either self-editing, using beta readers or a manuscript appraisal; for more information, go to Self-editing your manuscript
- type your manuscript; for more information, go to Copy typing services
- edit your manuscript; for more information, go to The Editor’s role
- design your publication; for more information, go to Graphic design
- proofread the designed publication, prior to the final proof and print run: for more information, go to Proofreading hardcopy publications
- if requested, produce your book for you from manuscript to printed stage.
Our services include
- explaining the processes of editing and self-publishing to you and providing you with a quote, at no charge
- project planning, ISBN liaison/purchase, graphic design, obtaining quotes from printers and overseeing the publication process
- writing timelines and budgets for the publication
- typing handwritten/typed manuscripts
- structural (developmental) editing
- copy editing, including line editing and fact checking
- designing your publication: for more information, go to Graphic design
- editing your photographs and images (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- proofreading the designed publication (InDesign or PDF).
- printer liaison and overseeing the final process, including proofreading the ‘final proofs’, to printed book stage.
Our editors are Sally-Anne and Claire. Our image editors are Christine and Christina. For information about our editing experience and qualifications, go to: About our editors.
Note: Claire and Christina are also our graphic designers.
Editing and proofreading
We have edited and proofread policies and reports for:
- Public sector: Department of Education (NT), Department of Health (NT), Department of Justice (NT), Department of Territory Families (NT)
- Universities: Charles Darwin University (NT), Edith Cowan University (WA).
- Companies and businesses: LeasePlan Australia (VIC), Financial Planning company (VIC), Brisbane aircraft company (QLD), David Mitchell Psychologist in Bendigo (VIC); various businesses in VIC, NT and NSW (ongoing).
We have edited publications for a number of clients. For more information, go to: Our publications.
We have produced self-published hard copy books (from early draft manuscript to published stage) for:
- Crib Point Football and Netball Club and Crib Point Cricket Club (VIC)
- Trafalgar Bowls Club Inc (VIC) – published by Peewee Press
- YWCA of Darwin Inc (NT) – published by Peewee Press
- Fokupers (Timor Leste)
- ETISC (NT)
- AFFET (NT).
- Free initial consultation and quote
- Once a quote has been provided and you have accepted that quote, the quoted charges will apply to the work done after your acceptance of the quote
- Our services are charged either at an hourly rate, or at a fixed rate for the whole task (based on the estimated hours for the whole task)
- Call us for a chat or free consultation and quote: 0419 337824.