On Time Typing
- provides scribing, writing, editing, proofreading, transcript and self-publishing services across Australia: Melbourne and regional Victoria; Alice Springs, Darwin and Northern Territory; Sydney and New South Wales; Canberra and ACT; Hobart, Tasmania; Cairns, Brisbane and Townsville in Queensland; South Australia; and Western Australia
- guarantees Quality, Confidentiality and Reliability
- is Australian-owned and operated and has been a GST-registered business in Australia since 2002. ABN 24 058 673 136
- has a team of scribes, writers and editors who are all based in Australia.
- scribing and audio transcription: scribes and types reports, correspondence, resumes, minutes of meetings and transcripts of audio recordings (interviews, focus groups and medical transcription)
- editing: edits and proofreads reports, manuals, policies, poetry, and fiction and non-fiction publications
- writing: writes reports, websites and publications
- self-publishing: produces publications from manuscript to printed book stage, including typing, editing, graphic design, proofreading, printer liaison.
- has voluntarily ‘opted in’ to be covered by the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and is included in OAIC’s Opt-In Register under section 6EA(3) of the Act
- is registered with Industry Capability Network (ICN) as a local provider with on site capability in Northern Territory, New South Wales and Victoria
- has current Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance with AON insurance (Risk Services Australia).
- For more information go to: The On Time Typing Team.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- owns and operates On Time Typing (established 2002) – scribing, report writing, copy writing, editing, proofreading and self-publishing services; and Peewee Press (2003), our self-publishing business
- has 20 years’ experience in audio transcription: accurate transcripts of interviews, focus groups, investigations, hearings, parliamentary sittings
- has 25 years’ experience in editing and self-publishing; writing and editing fiction, non-fiction and poetry; editing websites, corporate reports, policies and manuals; producing oral history, fiction and non-fiction publications
- has 25 years’ experience scribing reports and minutes of meetings and has regularly scribed selection, procurement and referee reports since 2002
- memberships include: professional editor and full member of Institute of Professional Editors Australia and Editors Victoria; allied member of Life Stories Australia Inc; member of Gippsland Editors, Writers Victoria and Gippsland Writers Group; member of Secret Editors’ Business, Privacy Professionals Network, Business Women Network East Gippsland, Latrobe Regional Gallery, and PEN Melbourne
- is a registered RMIT Industry Mentor (editor) and IPEd mentor (editor)
- is the Copyright owner of all images on this website (excluding blog section).
For more information, go to:
- Sally-Anne’s editing experience
- Sally-Anne’s training and professional development
- Books produced by Sally-Anne.
Our other typists, scribes and editors
- are Australian residents who work from their own home-based offices in Bendigo, Traralgon, Morwell, Moe, Warragul, Pakenham, Melbourne and Mornington in Victoria; Darwin, Northern Territory; and Cairns, Queensland
- have signed strict confidentiality agreements with On Time Typing
- are Claire McGregor (copy editor, proofreader, graphic designer), Sue McKinnon (scribe, trainee editor and report writer), Dee Sansom (typist, scribe, line editor), Christine Howe (typist, scribe, report writer, image editor), Adele Jeremiah (typist, transcriptionist), Dianne Becker (typist, transcriptionist), Ruth Mooney (typist, report writer, transcriptionist), Leila Brown (typist, transcriptionist), and Rae Desmond (typist, transcriptionist).
For more information go to: The On Time Typing Team
editing and graphic design
For details of our editors’ qualifications and experience in editing and graphic design, go to: On Time Typing: Our editors.
For details of our transcriptionists’ qualifications and experience, go to: On Time Typing: our audio transcriptionists.
scribing and minute-taking
Our scribes and minute-takers have extensive experience in scribing and are required to pass the On Time Typing On-site Scribing Accuracy Test. Minutes and reports are edited to a high standard. We have on-site scribes in Gippsland and Melbourne (VIC), Bendigo (VIC), Darwin (NT) and Cairns (QLD), and we scribe via telephone across Australia.
For details of our scribes and where they live, go to: Our scribes – who are we?
For more information about our published books, go to: Publications.
Publication in progress: On Time Typing/Sally-Anne Watson Kane is currently producing a non-fiction publication for Crib Point Football & Netball Club. This has included typing, editing, designing, producing and coordinating all aspects of the publication including printing. It will be published in mid-2019.
Sally-Anne regularly writes and publishes Blog and LinkedIn articles about editing, proofreading, scribing, writing; managing freelancer and sole trader businesses; and her views about books, movies and contemporary issues.
Join us on social media
Blog: Read our articles about editing, self-publishing, small business management and reviews of books, events and issues in our Blog
LinkedIn: Check out Sally-Anne’s articles about writing, editing and other subjects and join her network of professional employees and businesses: LI Sally-Anne Watson Kane
Facebook: Follow us at On Time Typing Australia; On Time Typing Darwin & Alice Springs; On Time Typing Gippsland; On Time Typing Melbourne; On Time Typing Bendigo; On Time Typing Sydney; Peewee Press.
Twitter: On Time Typing
Instagram: On Time Typing
Pinterest: On Time Typing
- Confidentiality: we offer a signed guarantee of confidentiality to all clients. We have voluntarily ‘opted in’ to be covered by section 6EA(3) of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and are included in OAIC’s Opt-In Register for that Act
- We will display integrity, honesty and reliability in all our dealings with you
- We will provide the highest quality service possible
- We are committed to the lowest carbon footprint possible. We use solar power, and recycled and wheat-pulp paper, in our main office. We purchase our equipment and software from Australian-owned businesses where possible.
On Time Typing is proud to acknowledge the Braiakaulung Traditional Owners of the Gunaikurnai nation on whose land our main office is based, and the Traditional Owners of all countries in Australia; and we pay our respects to the Elders of this land, past and present. In particular, we acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the countries where our typists and editors are based: Braiakaulung (Latrobe City, Gippsland), Woi Wurrung/Wurundjeri (Melbourne), Bunurong (Mornington Peninsular), Dja Dja Warrung (Bendigo), and Larrakia (Darwin area). Note: formal custodian approval for acknowledgement of Tjapukai elders of Cairns area is pending.
All photographs in this website (excluding blog articles): by Darren Kane and Sally-Anne Watson Kane.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is the Copyright owner of all the images on this website, excluding some images in blog articles.
Black-and-white-bird logo: designed and produced by Darren Kane. This logo and our business name, On Time Typing, is trademarked under the name of Sally-Anne Watson Kane.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane would like to thank:
- Darren Kane for creating the black-and-white-bird image (peewee/mudlark), the On Time Typing Trademark logo (also used by Peewee Press) since 2002
- Darren Kane for contributing photographs for our website and blog
- Darwin Web Design (Northern Territory) for website design and ongoing technical support
- Gibson Accounting (Traralgon, Victoria) for accounting services
- Penny Baird (IPA) of Bluegum Bookkeeping (Bendigo, Victoria) for book-keeping services and support: [email protected]
- Veronica Pereira for her assistance in producing Buibere – Voice of East Timorese Women, Volume 1 and Buibere – Lian Feto Loro Sa’e Nian volum 2, and ongoing assistance, support and collaboration in projects
- Our dedicated team of scribes, editors, proofreaders, graphic designers and transcriptionists: Ruth, Leila, Rae, Dianne, Dee, Claire, Adele, Sue and Christine.