On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading
- is Australian-owned and operated (since 2002), GST-registered, ABN 24 058 673 136.
- provides scribing, writing, editing, proofreading, transcript and self-publishing services across Australia: Victoria; Northern Territory; Queensland; New South Wales; South Australia; ACT; Tasmania; and Western Australia.
- specialises in producing material including self-published books for people who are First Australians, culturally and linguistically diverse, or who have disabilities that impact their ability to communicate verbally or in writing.
- is a team of typists, scribes, writers, editors and graphic designers based in Australia: Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, ACT and Northern Territory.
- scribing (typing as you speak) and audio transcription: scribing memoirs, life stories, reports, correspondence, minutes of meetings. Producing transcripts of audio recordings (interviews, focus groups).
- writing (including writing in the voice of the oral storyteller): writing or scribing life stories, autobiographies, memoirs and other non-fiction including reports and submissions. Writing articles, blogs, websites.
- typing manuscripts and other: copy typing handwritten or typed manuscripts, submissions, data (Excel) reports and other documents.
- editing and proof reading: editing and proofreading reports, manuals, policies and publications (poetry, fiction, non-fiction). Proofreading in Word, PDF and InDesign. Developmental and copy editing manuscripts of novels, non-fiction (memoirs, autobiographies, histories, academic), and poetry.
- structural reviews and manuscript assessments: manuscripts of fiction (novels), non-fiction (memoirs, histories, academic), and poetry books
- graphic design: designing and formatting publications, reports and newsletters, using InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
- self-publishing services: producing publications from spoken word, or handwritten manuscript, through to delivery of printed self-published book. Includes typing manuscripts, scribing/writing as you speak, editing, compiling, graphic design, proofreading, printer liaison, and all self-publishing services.
We guarantee Quality, Confidentiality and Reliability. We have voluntarily ‘opted in’ to be covered by the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and are included in OAIC’s Opt-In Register under section 6EA(3) of the Act.
We are registered with Industry Capability Network (ICN) in NT, NSW and VIC.
We have current Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance with AON insurance (Risk Services Australia).
We work with most of our clients remotely, via email, Zoom, telephone, Google meets, Teams and other platforms. We can also meet face to face with our clients in or near the locations where our scribes, typists or editors live.
On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading respectfully acknowledges the Braiakaulung Traditional Owners of the Gunaikurnai nation on whose land Sally-Anne (owner/operator) lives and works and where our main office is based, and all the Traditional Owners and Elders in Australia, none of whose nations have ever been ceded. We pay our respects to the Elders of this land, past, present and emerging, and all First Nations people of Australia. We recognise the value of their historical and ongoing cultural and spiritual connections with Country, and their generous sharing of knowledges with the Australian community. Always was, always will be, Aboriginal land.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- owns and operates On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading (previously known as On Time Typing) – scribing, report writing, copy writing, editing, proof reading and self-publishing services
- has 30 years’ experience in editing and self-publishing; writing and editing fiction, non-fiction and poetry; editing websites, corporate reports, policies and manuals; producing oral history, fiction and non-fiction publications
- has 30 years’ experience scribing and writing reports and minutes and has regularly scribed selection and referee reports since 2002
- has 30 years’ experience in audio transcription: accurate transcripts of interviews, focus groups, investigations, hearings, parliamentary sittings
- established On Time Typing in 2002 in Darwin NT; is now based in Gippsland VIC in 2006, with regular visits to/on site services in Bendigo VIC.
Sally-Anne’s memberships include:
- professional member of Institute of Professional Editors Australia, Editors Victoria
- professional member, secretary and board member of Life Stories Australia (LSA)
- full member of Oral History Victoria/ Oral History Australia
- registered mentor for Institute of Professional Editors Australia, and RMIT (editing industry mentor)
- co-founder, member and facilitator of Poetry Editing Group Gippsland
- subscriptions/membership: Writers Victoria, PEN Melbourne, Australian Poetry, Meanjin.
For more information, go to:
- Sally-Anne’s editing experience
- Sally-Anne’s professional development and awards (to current)
- Publications produced by Sally-Anne.
Our typists, scribes, editors and graphic designers
- are Sally-Anne, Claire, Christina, Christine, Edi, Natalie, Hannah, Sue, Leila, Teresa, Megan, Judie, Jody, Danikka and Kellie.
- are all Australian residents who work as contractors from their home-based offices in Melbourne, Bendigo, Moe, Mirboo North, Geelong, Melbourne and Mornington, Victoria; Alice Springs and Darwin, Northern Territory; Adelaide, South Australia; Canberra, ACT; and Toowoomba and Cairns in Queensland.
- have all signed strict confidentiality agreements with On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading.
For more information go to: The On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading Team.
editing and graphic design
For our editors’ qualifications and experience in editing, go to: Our editors.
For our designers’ qualifications and experience in graphic design, formatting and image editing, go to: Our graphic designers.
COPY TYPING AND TRanscripts
For our typists’ qualifications and experience, go to: Our typists and audio transcriptionists.
scribing as you speak, and minute-taking
Our scribes and minute-takers have extensive experience in scribing. Our verbatim scribes are required to pass the On Time Scribing Accuracy Test. Minutes and reports are edited to a high standard. We scribe via telephone, Zoom and other platforms, across Australia. Our on-site scribes are based in Gippsland (VIC), Cairns (QLD), Toowomba (QLD), and Alice Springs (NT).
For details of our scribes and their locations, go to: Our scribes
Some of the books we have produced are above. To see all the books Sally-Anne has produced, go to: Our publications.
Publications in progress: We are currently working on an oral history publication, and editing a memoir based in remote NT, and Sally-Anne is currently working with other Gippsland poets to produce a book of poetry.
Sally-Anne regularly writes and publishes articles for LinkedIn, Gippsland Business Connect and our Blog about editing, proof reading, scribing, writing, transcripts, blogging, memoir, self-publishing and other topics.
Join us on social media
Blog: Read our articles about scribing, editing, self-publishing, small business management, and reviews of books, events and issues in our Blog
LinkedIn: Check out Sally-Anne’s articles about writing, editing and other topics and join her network of professional employees and businesses: LI Sally-Anne Watson Kane
Facebook: Follow us at On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading: Australia; Northern Territory; Gippsland; Melbourne; Sydney, NSW & ACT; Queensland; Central Vic; Adelaide; Perth; Poetry & fiction – writing, self-editing, editing; Scribing & Audio Transcription; Writers/Editors, freelancers & sole traders Australia.
Twitter: Follow us at On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading
Instagram: Follow us at On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading
See our Yellow Pages ads for:
- Alice Springs, Darwin and Northern Territory
- Bendigo and Central Victoria
- Greater Melbourne
- From Pakenham to Bairnsdale, Gippsland
- We will treat you with respect, and display integrity, honesty and reliability, regardless of your background or attributes
- We will provide the highest quality service possible
- We offer a signed guarantee of Confidentiality. We have voluntarily ‘opted in’ to be covered by section 6EA(3) of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and are included in OAIC’s Opt-In Register for that Act
- We encourage, assist and promote the writing, editing and publication of books by people who are First Australians, people who are culturally and linguistically diverse, and people with disabilities.
- We are committed to a low carbon footprint. We use solar power, and recycled and wheat-pulp paper, in our main office. We purchase all our equipment and software from Australian-owned businesses where possible
- As full members of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) we are committed to IPEd’s Code of Ethics. As full members of Life Stories Australia (LSA) we are committed to LSA’s Code of Ethics.
On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading is proud to acknowledge the Braiakaulung Traditional Elders of the Gunaikurnai nation on whose land our main office is based, and the Traditional Elders of all countries in Australia; and we pay our respects to the Elders of this land, past and present. In particular, we acknowledge the Traditional Elders of the countries where our typists, writers, editors and designers are based: Braiakaulung (Latrobe City VIC), Woi Wurrung/Wurundjeri (Melbourne VIC), Dja Dja Warrung (Bendigo VIC), Tjapukai (Cairns, QLD), Ngunnawal (ACT), Jagera, Giabal and Jarowair (Toowoomba QLD), and Larrakia (Darwin NT).
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is the author and copyright owner of the whole content of this website, including the blog section, excluding annotated quotations. All the photographs in this website (excluding the blog section) have been created by either Darren Kane or Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Sally-Anne is the copyright owner of all the images on this website, excluding the blog section.
The black-and-white-bird logo, designed and produced by Darren Kane, along with our core business name ‘On Time Typing’, is trademarked under the name of Sally-Anne Watson Kane who owns all Intellectual Property rights.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane sincerely thanks:
- Darren Kane for contributing photographs for our website and blog; and for creating the black-and-white-bird image (peewee/mudlark) which has been our trademarked logo since 2002
- Darwin Web Design (Northern Territory) for website design and ongoing technical support
- Gibson Accounting (Traralgon, Victoria) for accounting services
- Penny Baird (IPA) of Bluegum Bookkeeping (Bendigo, Victoria) for book-keeping and BAS support
- Veronica Pereira for her assistance in producing Buibere – Voice of East Timorese Women, Volume 1 and Buibere – Lian Feto Loro Sa’e Nian volum 2, and for her ongoing assistance, support and collaboration in oral history, writing and editing projects
- Our dedicated team of typists, scribes, editors and graphic designers: Leila, Claire, Christina, Hannah, Natalie, Christine, Kellie, Sue, Elizabeth, Judie, Danikka, Megan, Jody and Teresa.
- You, our clients, for giving us the privilege of working with you.