On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading
- is a team of typists, scribes, writers, editors and graphic designers who are all based in Australia – Victoria, Queensland, ACT and Northern Territory
- is Australian-owned and operated; has been a GST-registered business in Australia since 2002; ABN 24 058 673 136
- provides scribing, writing, editing, proofreading, transcript and self-publishing services across Australia: Victoria; Northern Territory; Queensland; New South Wales; South Australia; ACT; Tasmania; and Western Australia
- specialises in producing material including self-published books for people who are First Australians, culturally and linguistically diverse, or who have disabilities that impact their ability to communicate verbally or in writing
- meets all COVID-19 social distancing requirements and advice in Australia. For more information go to Staying safe in a COVID-19 world.
- scribing (typing as you speak) and audio transcription: scribing memoirs, life stories, reports, correspondence, minutes of meetings. Producing transcripts of audio recordings (interviews, focus groups).
- writing (including writing in the voice of the oral storyteller): writing or scribing life stories, autobiographies, memoirs and other non-fiction. Writing reports, articles, blogs, websites, testimonies.
- editing and proof reading: editing and proofreading reports, manuals, policies and publications. Proofreading in Word, PDF and InDesign. Developmental and copy editing novels, non-fiction (memoirs, histories, academic), and poetry.
- structural reviews and manuscript appraisals: fiction (novels), non-fiction (memoirs, histories, academic), and poetry
- graphic design: designing and formatting publications, reports and newsletters, using InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Word.
- self-publishing services: producing publications from spoken word or handwritten manuscript through to printed self-published book. Includes typing manuscripts, scribing/writing as you speak, editing, graphic design, proofreading, printer liaison, and meeting all self-publishing requirements.
We guarantee Quality, Confidentiality and Reliability. We have voluntarily ‘opted in’ to be covered by the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and are included in OAIC’s Opt-In Register under section 6EA(3) of the Act.
We are registered with Industry Capability Network (ICN) in NT, NSW and VIC.
We have current Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance with AON insurance (Risk Services Australia).
Note: at this time (COVID-19), we work with most of our clients remotely, via email, Zoom, telephone and other platforms. For more information, go to Staying safe in a COVID-19 world.
Our typists, scribes, editors and graphic designers
- are Australian residents who work from their own home-based offices in Melbourne, Bendigo, Moe, Warragul, Mirboo North, Melbourne and Mornington, Victoria; Alice Springs and Darwin, Northern Territory; Canberra, ACT; and Toowoomba and Cairns, Queensland.
- have signed strict confidentiality agreements with On Time Typing
- are Sally-Anne, Claire, Christina, Christine, Dee, Natalie, Hannah, Rae, Sue, Elizabeth, Danikka and Kellie.
For more information go to: The On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading Team.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- owns and operates On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading and On Time Typing (established 2002) – scribing, report writing, copy writing, editing, proof reading and self-publishing services
- also owns Peewee Press (2003)
- has 25 years’ experience in editing and self-publishing; writing and editing fiction, non-fiction and poetry; editing websites, corporate reports, policies and manuals; producing oral history, fiction and non-fiction publications
- has 30 years’ experience scribing and writing reports and minutes and has regularly scribed selection, procurement and referee reports since 2002
- has 25 years’ experience in audio transcription: accurate transcripts of interviews, focus groups, investigations, hearings, parliamentary sittings.
Sally-Anne’s memberships include:
- professional) member of Institute of Professional Editors Australia, Editors Victoria
- full member, board member and Ssecretary of Life Stories Australia Inc (LSA)
- registered IPEd Mentor and RMIT mentor (editing industry)
- co-founder, member and facilitator of Poetry Editing Group Gippsland
- member of Writers Victoria, Gippsland Editors, Secret Editors’ Business, PEN Melbourne
- Subscriptions: Australian Poetry, Overland, Writers Victoria and Meanjin.
For more information, go to:
- Sally-Anne’s editing experience
- Sally-Anne’s professional development and awards
- Publications produced by Sally-Anne.
editing and graphic design
For details of our editors’ qualifications and experience in editing, go to: Our editors.
For details of our designers’ qualifications and experience in graphic design, formatting and image editing, go to: Our graphic designers.
COPY TYPING AND TRanscripts
For details of our typists’ and transcriptionists’ qualifications and experience, go to: Our typists and audio transcriptionists.
scribing as you speak, and minute-taking
Our scribes and minute-takers have extensive experience in scribing and are required to pass the On Time On-site Scribing Accuracy Test. Minutes and reports are edited to a high standard. We scribe via telephone across Australia. We also have on-site scribes in Gippsland, Melbourne and Bendigo (VIC), and Cairns and Brisbane (QLD).
For details of our scribes and their locations, go to: Our scribes
For more information about Sally-Anne’s published books, go to: Publications.
Publications in progress: We are currently producing a self-published life story (memoir), and editing three other memoirs that will be self-published.
Sally-Anne regularly writes and publishes articles for LinkedIn, Gippsland Business Connect and our Blog about editing, proof reading, scribing, writing, transcripts, blogging; managing small business; work-life balance; and reviews.
Join us on social media
Blog: Read our articles about scribing, editing, self-publishing, small business management, and reviews of books, events and issues in our Blog
LinkedIn: Check out Sally-Anne’s articles about writing, editing and other topics and join her network of professional employees and businesses: LI Sally-Anne Watson Kane
Facebook: Follow us at On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading: Australia; Northern Territory; Gippsland; Melbourne; Bendigo; Sydney; Queensland; Adelaide; Perth; or Poetry, writing, blogging, self-publishing.
Twitter: Follow us at On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading
Instagram: Follow us at On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading
See our Yellow Pages ads for:
- Alice Springs, Darwin and Northern Territory
- Bairnsdale area, Gippsland
- Sale area, Gippsland
- Bendigo area, Central Victoria
- Pakenham and Melbourne
- Warragul area, Gippsland
- We will treat you with respect, and display integrity, honesty and reliability, regardless of your background or attributes
- We will provide the highest quality service possible
- We offer a signed guarantee of Confidentiality. We have voluntarily ‘opted in’ to be covered by section 6EA(3) of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and are included in OAIC’s Opt-In Register for that Act
- We encourage, assist and promote the writing, editing and publication of books by people who are First Australians, people who are culturally and linguistically diverse, and people with disabilities.
- We are committed to a low carbon footprint. We use solar power, and recycled and wheat-pulp paper, in our main office. We purchase all our equipment and software from Australian-owned businesses where possible
- As full members of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) we are committed to IPEd’s Code of Ethics. As full members of Life Stories Australia (LSA) we are committed to LSA’s Code of Ethics.
On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading is proud to acknowledge the Braiakaulung Traditional Owners of the Gunaikurnai nation on whose land our main office is based, and the Traditional Owners of all countries in Australia; and we pay our respects to the Elders of this land, past and present. In particular, we acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the countries where our typists and editors are based: Braiakaulung (Latrobe City VIC), Woi Wurrung/Wurundjeri (Melbourne VIC), Dja Dja Warrung (Bendigo VIC), Ngunnawal (ACT), Jagera, Giabal and Jarowair (Toowoomba QLD), and Larrakia (Darwin NT). Note: formal approval from traditional elders for acknowledgement of Tjapukai elders of Cairns area is pending.
All the photographs in this website (excluding the blog section) have been created by either Darren Kane or Sally-Anne Watson Kane.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is the author and Copyright owner of all text within this website, including the blog section, excluding annotated quotations.Sally-Anne is the Copyright owner of all the images on this website, excluding the blog section.
The black-and-white-bird logo, designed and produced by Darren Kane, along with our core business name ‘On Time Typing’, is trademarked under the name of Sally-Anne Watson Kane who owns all Intellectual Property rights.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane sincerely thanks:
- Darren Kane for contributing photographs for our website and blog; and for creating the black-and-white-bird image (peewee/mudlark) which has been our trademarked logo since 2002
- Darwin Web Design (Northern Territory) for website design and ongoing technical support
- Gibson Accounting (Traralgon, Victoria) for accounting services
- Penny Baird (IPA) of Bluegum Bookkeeping (Bendigo, Victoria) for book-keeping and BAS services and support
- Veronica Pereira for her assistance in producing Buibere – Voice of East Timorese Women, Volume 1 and Buibere – Lian Feto Loro Sa’e Nian volum 2, and for her ongoing assistance, support and collaboration in oral history, writing and editing projects
- Our dedicated team of typists, scribes, editors and graphic designers: Rae, Claire, Christina, Hannah, Natalie, Christine, Kellie, Sue, Elizabeth, Judie, Danikka, Megan, Jody and Teresa.
- You, our clients, for giving us the privilege of working with you.