On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading
- provides scribing, writing, editing, proofreading, transcript and self-publishing services across Australia: Melbourne and regional Victoria; Alice Springs, Darwin and Northern Territory; Sydney, Coffs Harbour and New South Wales; Canberra and ACT; Hobart, Tasmania; Cairns, Brisbane and Townsville in Queensland; Adelaide and South Australia; and Western Australia
- is Australian-owned and operated; has been a GST-registered business in Australia since 2002; ABN 24 058 673 136
- is a team of scribes, writers, editors and graphic designers who are all based in Australia (Victoria, Queensland, Northern Territory)
- specialises in self-published books – memoir, poetry, history, and fiction and non-fiction – by people who are First Australians or culturally and linguistically diverse, and people who are living with mental illnesses or other disabilities
- meets all COVID-19 social distancing requirements and advice in Australia, with our team working from home and communicating and working remotely, via email, Zoom and phone. For more information go to Staying safe in a COVID-19 world.
- scribing and audio transcription: memoirs, life stories, reports, correspondence, minutes of meetings; transcripts of audio recordings (interviews, focus groups, medical reports)
- writing (including life stories writing): reports, submissions, websites, publications (life stories, autobiography, memoir and other non-fiction)
- editing and proof reading: reports, manuals, policies, publications (fiction, non-fiction, memoir, life stories, poetry) in MS Words, PDF and InDesign
- beta reading and manuscript appraisal: fiction, non-fiction, poetry
- graphic design: designs and formats publications, reports and newsletters, using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and MS Word.
- self-publishing services: produces publications from manuscript to printed book including typing, editing, graphic design, proofreading, printer liaison.
- guarantees Quality, Confidentiality and Reliability
- has voluntarily ‘opted in’ to be covered by the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and is included in OAIC’s Opt-In Register under section 6EA(3) of the Act
- is registered with Industry Capability Network (ICN) in NT, NSW and VIC
- has current Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance with AON insurance (Risk Services Australia).
Note: at this time (COVID-19), we work with most of our clients remotely, via email, Zoom, telephone and other platforms. For more information, go to Staying safe in a COVID-19 world.
Our typists, scribes, editors and graphic designers
- are Australian residents who work from their own home-based offices in Melbourne, Bendigo, Sale, Moe, Warragul, Melbourne and Mornington, Victoria; Alice Springs and Darwin, Northern Territory; Adelaide, South Australia; Cairns, Queensland; and Coffs Harbour, New South Wales
- have signed strict confidentiality agreements with On Time Typing
- are Sally-Anne, Claire, Christina, Christine, Dee, Natalie, Hannah, Adele, Leila, Katy, Rae, Noel and Amanda.
For more information go to: The On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading Team.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- owns and operates On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading and On Time Typing (established 2002) – scribing, report writing, copy writing, editing, proof reading and self-publishing services
- also owns our self-publishing services business, Peewee Press (2003)
- has 25 years’ experience in editing and self-publishing; writing and editing fiction, non-fiction and poetry; editing websites, corporate reports, policies and manuals; producing oral history, fiction and non-fiction publications
- has 30 years’ experience scribing and writing reports and minutes and has regularly scribed selection, procurement and referee reports since 2002
- has 25 years’ experience in audio transcription: accurate transcripts of interviews, focus groups, investigations, hearings, parliamentary sittings.
Sally-Anne’s memberships include:
- full (professional) member of Institute of Professional Editors Australia, Editors Victoria
- full member and current secretary of Life Stories Australia Inc (LSA)
- registered IPEd Mentor
- co-founder, member and facilitator of Poetry Editing Group Gippsland
- current committee member of Gippsland Writers
- member of Writers Victoria, Gippsland Editors, Secret Editors’ Business, Latrobe Regional Gallery, PEN Melbourne
- Subscriptions: Australian Poetry, Overland, Writers Victoria and Meanjin.
For more information, go to:
- Sally-Anne’s editing experience
- Sally-Anne’s professional development and awards
- Publications produced by Sally-Anne.
editing and graphic design
For details of our editors’ qualifications and experience in editing, go to: Our editors.
For details of our designers’ qualifications and experience in graphic design, formatting and image editing, go to: Our graphic designers.
COPY TYPING AND audio Transcription
For details of our typists’ and transcriptionists’ qualifications and experience, go to: Our typists and audio transcriptionists.
scribing and minute-taking
Our scribes and minute-takers have extensive experience in scribing and are required to pass the On Time On-site Scribing Accuracy Test. Minutes and reports are edited to a high standard. We scribe via telephone across Australia. We also have on-site scribes in Gippsland, Melbourne and Bendigo (VIC), and Cairns and Brisbane (QLD).
For details of our scribes and their locations, go to: Our scribes
For more information about Sally-Anne’s published books, go to: Publications.
Publications in progress: We are currently producing a self-published life story (memoir), and editing three other memoirs that will be self-published.
Sally-Anne regularly writes and publishes articles for LinkedIn, Gippsland Business Connect and our Blog about editing, proof reading, scribing, writing, transcripts, blogging; managing small business; work-life balance; and reviews.
Join us on social media
Blog: Read our articles about scribing, editing, self-publishing, small business management, and reviews of books, events and issues in our Blog
LinkedIn: Check out Sally-Anne’s articles about writing, editing and other topics and join her network of professional employees and businesses: LI Sally-Anne Watson Kane
Facebook: Follow us at On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading: Australia; Northern Territory; Gippsland; Melbourne; Bendigo; Sydney; Queensland; Adelaide; Perth; or Poetry, writing, blogging, self-publishing.
Twitter: Follow us at On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading
Instagram: Follow us at On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading
See our Yellow Pages ads for:
- Alice Springs, Darwin and Northern Territory
- Bairnsdale area, Gippsland
- Sale area, Gippsland
- Bendigo area, Central Victoria
- Pakenham and Melbourne
- Warragul area, Gippsland
- We will treat you with respect, and display integrity, honesty and reliability
- We will provide the highest quality service possible
- We offer a signed guarantee of Confidentiality. We have voluntarily ‘opted in’ to be covered by section 6EA(3) of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and are included in OAIC’s Opt-In Register for that Act
- We are committed to encouraging, assisting and promoting the writing, editing and publication of more books by people who are First Australians, people who are culturally and linguistically diverse, and people who are living with mental illnesses or other disabilities.
- We are committed to a low carbon footprint. We use solar power, and recycled and wheat-pulp paper, in our main office. We purchase our equipment and software from locally-owned businesses where possible
- As full members of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) we are committed to IPEd’s Code of Ethics. As full members of Life Stories Australia (LSA) we are committed to LSA’s Code of Ethics.
On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading is proud to acknowledge the Braiakaulung Traditional Owners of the Gunaikurnai nation on whose land our main office is based, and the Traditional Owners of all countries in Australia; and we pay our respects to the Elders of this land, past and present. In particular, we acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the countries where our typists and editors are based: Braiakaulung (Latrobe City, Gippsland), Woi Wurrung/Wurundjeri (Melbourne), Bunurong (Mornington Peninsular), Dja Dja Warrung (Bendigo), and Larrakia (Darwin area). Note: formal approval from traditional elders for acknowledgement of Tjapukai elders of Cairns area is pending.
All the photographs in this website (excluding the blog section) have been created by either Darren Kane or Sally-Anne Watson Kane.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is the author and Copyright owner of all text within this website, including the blog section, excluding annotated quotations.Sally-Anne is the Copyright owner of all the images on this website, excluding the blog section.
The black-and-white-bird logo, designed and produced by Darren Kane, along with our core business name ‘On Time Typing’, is trademarked under the name of Sally-Anne Watson Kane who owns all Intellectual Property rights.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane sincerely thanks:
- Darren Kane for creating the black-and-white-bird image (peewee/mudlark), the On Time Typing Trademark logo (also used by Peewee Press) since 2002
- Darren Kane for contributing photographs for our website and blog
- Darwin Web Design (Northern Territory) for website design and ongoing technical support
- Gibson Accounting (Traralgon, Victoria) for accounting services
- Penny Baird (IPA) of Bluegum Bookkeeping (Bendigo, Victoria) for book-keeping services and support: [email protected]
- Veronica Pereira for her assistance in producing Buibere – Voice of East Timorese Women, Volume 1 and Buibere – Lian Feto Loro Sa’e Nian volum 2, and ongoing assistance, support and collaboration in projects
- Our dedicated team of typists, scribes, editors and graphic designers: Leila, Rae, Dee, Claire, Christina, Adele, Hannah, Natalie, Christine, Noel and Amanda
- You, our clients, for giving us the privilege of working with you.