On Time Typing
- provides scribing, writing, editing, proofreading, transcript and self-publishing services across Australia: Melbourne and regional Victoria; Alice Springs, Darwin and Northern Territory; Sydney and New South Wales; Canberra and ACT; Hobart, Tasmania; Cairns, Brisbane and Townsville in Queensland; South Australia; and Western Australia
- is Australian-owned and operated; has been a GST-registered business in Australia since 2002; ABN 24 058 673 136
- is a team of scribes, writers, editors and graphic designers who are all based in Australia.
- scribing and transcription: scribes and types reports, correspondence, resumes, minutes of meetings, and transcripts of audio recordings (interviews, focus groups and medical transcription)
- writing: writes reports, websites, articles and publications
- editing: edits and proofreads reports, manuals, policies, poetry, and fiction and non-fiction publications, in MS Words, PDF and InDesign
- beta reading: beta reads fiction, non-fiction and poetry manuscripts
- graphic design: designs and formats publications, reports and newsletters, using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and MS Word.
- self-publishing: produces publications from manuscript to printed book stage including typing, editing, graphic design, proofreading, printer liaison.
- guarantees Quality, Confidentiality and Reliability
- has voluntarily ‘opted in’ to be covered by the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and is included in OAIC’s Opt-In Register under section 6EA(3) of the Act
- is registered with Industry Capability Network (ICN) in NT, NSW and VIC
- has current Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance with AON insurance (Risk Services Australia).
- For more information go to: The On Time Typing Team.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- owns and operates On Time Typing (established 2002) – scribing, report writing, copy writing, editing, proofreading and self-publishing services; and Peewee Press (2003), our self-publishing business
- 25 years’ experience in editing and self-publishing; writing and editing fiction, non-fiction and poetry; editing websites, corporate reports, policies and manuals; producing oral history, fiction and non-fiction publications
- 25 years’ experience scribing reports and minutes of meetings and has regularly scribed selection, procurement and referee reports since 2002
- 20 years’ experience in audio transcription: guaranteeing accurate transcripts of interviews, focus groups, investigations, hearings, parliamentary sittings
- memberships include: full member of Institute of Professional Editors Australia and Editors Victoria; allied member of Life Stories Australia Inc; member of Gippsland Editors, Writers Victoria, Gippsland Writers Group, Secret Editors’ Business, Privacy Professionals Network, Latrobe Regional Gallery, and PEN Melbourne
- registered IPEd mentor and RMIT Industry Mentor (editing)
- Copyright owner of all images on this website, excluding our blog section.
For more information, go to:
Our typists, scribes, editors and graphic designers
- are Australian residents who work from their own home-based offices in Melbourne, Bendigo, Traralgon, Morwell, Moe, Warragul, Pakenham and Mornington in Victoria; Darwin, Northern Territory; and Cairns, Queensland
- have signed strict confidentiality agreements with On Time Typing
- are Sally-Anne (scribe, editor), Claire (editor, proofreader, graphic designer), Christina (graphic designer, image editor), Christine (typist, scribe, graphic designer, image editor); and our typists, scribes and transcriptionists, Sue, Kerri, Dee, Natalie, Ruth, Adele, Leila and Rae.
For more information go to: The On Time Typing Team
editing and graphic design
For details of our editors’ qualifications and experience in editing, go to: On Time Typing: Our editors.
For details of our designers’ qualifications and experience in graphic design, formatting and image editing, go to: On Time Typing: our graphic designers.
For details of our transcriptionists’ qualifications and experience, go to: On Time Typing: our audio transcriptionists.
scribing and minute-taking
Our scribes and minute-takers have extensive experience in scribing and are required to pass the On Time Typing On-site Scribing Accuracy Test. Minutes and reports are edited to a high standard. We have on-site scribes in Gippsland, Melbourne and Bendigo (VIC), Darwin (NT) and Cairns (QLD). We scribe via telephone across Australia.
For details of our scribes and their locations, go to: Our scribes – who are we?
For more information about our published books, go to: Publications.
Publication in progress: On Time Typing is currently producing a memoir for a Queensland-based client. This has included typing the handwritten manuscript and consulting with the client to scribe extra information into the manuscript. We are now at the line and copy editing stages.
Sally-Anne regularly writes and publishes articles for LinkedIn, Gippsland Business Connect and our Blog about editing, proofreading, scribing, writing, business blogging; managing small businesses; work-life balance; and reviews.
Join us on social media
Blog: Read our articles about editing, self-publishing, small business management and reviews of books, events and issues in our Blog
LinkedIn: Check out Sally-Anne’s articles about writing, editing and other topics and join her network of professional employees and businesses: LI Sally-Anne Watson Kane
Facebook: Follow us at On Time Typing Australia; On Time Typing Darwin & Alice Springs; On Time Typing Gippsland; On Time Typing Melbourne; On Time Typing Bendigo; On Time Typing Sydney; On Time Typing Queensland; Peewee Press.
Twitter: Follow us at On Time Typing
Instagram: Follow us at On Time Typing
- Confidentiality: we offer a signed guarantee of confidentiality to all clients. We have voluntarily ‘opted in’ to be covered by section 6EA(3) of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and are included in OAIC’s Opt-In Register for that Act
- We will display integrity, honesty and reliability in all our dealings with you
- We will provide the highest quality service possible
- We are committed to the lowest carbon footprint possible. We use solar power, and recycled and wheat-pulp paper, in our main office. We purchase our equipment and software from Australian-owned businesses where possible.
On Time Typing is proud to acknowledge the Braiakaulung Traditional Owners of the Gunaikurnai nation on whose land our main office is based, and the Traditional Owners of all countries in Australia; and we pay our respects to the Elders of this land, past and present. In particular, we acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the countries where our typists and editors are based: Braiakaulung (Latrobe City, Gippsland), Woi Wurrung/Wurundjeri (Melbourne), Bunurong (Mornington Peninsular), Dja Dja Warrung (Bendigo), and Larrakia (Darwin area). Note: formal approval from traditional elders for acknowledgement of Tjapukai elders of Cairns area is pending.
All the photographs in this website (excluding the blog section) have been created by either Darren Kane or Sally-Anne Watson Kane.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is the Copyright owner of all the images on this website, excluding the blog section.
Black-and-white-bird logo, designed and produced by Darren Kane, and our business name, On Time Typing, is trademarked under the name of Sally-Anne Watson Kane.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane would like to thank:
- Darren Kane for creating the black-and-white-bird image (peewee/mudlark), the On Time Typing Trademark logo (also used by Peewee Press) since 2002
- Darren Kane for contributing photographs for our website and blog
- Darwin Web Design (Northern Territory) for website design and ongoing technical support
- Gibson Accounting (Traralgon, Victoria) for accounting services
- Penny Baird (IPA) of Bluegum Bookkeeping (Bendigo, Victoria) for book-keeping services and support: [email protected]
- Veronica Pereira for her assistance in producing Buibere – Voice of East Timorese Women, Volume 1 and Buibere – Lian Feto Loro Sa’e Nian volum 2, and ongoing assistance, support and collaboration in projects
- Our dedicated team of scribes, editors, proofreaders, graphic designers and transcriptionists: Ruth, Leila, Rae, Dee, Claire, Christina, Adele, Natalie, Kerri, Sue and Christine.