We produce accurate transcripts of recordings of:
- Interviews, focus groups, meetings, seminars, forums, workshops, investigations, hearings, telephone discussions
- Life stories and oral histories
- Dictation, including medical specialist reports.
We offer a free consultation and quote; a Signed Guarantee of Confidentiality; and a Signed Guarantee of Accuracy for Proofread Transcripts.
If we have a team member who lives near you, we may arrange to meet you face to face. Otherwise, we will consult with you via email, telephone and/or Zoom/other online.
If you need your handwritten or typed manuscripts or other documents typed, go to Typing.
If you need your audio recordings transcribed into documents, see below.
We offer two types of transcripts
- Proofread Transcripts
- Guaranteed to be highly accurate for recordings that are clearly audible
- Available for all reasonably clear audible recordings with up to three speakers; e.g. dictation, lectures, interviews, discussions, life stories, oral histories
- Also available for recordings of larger numbers of speakers, as long as it is not imperative each individual speaker is identified accurately
- These verbatim transcripts will be reasonably to highly accurate as long as the audibility is quite good, and the punctuation will be reasonably good.
- Guaranteed to be 98% accurate or ‘as accurate as possible’ for all recordings
- Proofread Transcripts are recommended for recordings of four or more speakers that are required for investigative or litigation purposes
- Proofread Transcripts are recommended if there are four or more speakers and each individual speaker needs to be accurately identified
- Proofread Transcripts are recommended if the audibility is poor in places (i.e. not clearly audible throughout), in which the Proofread Transcript will be guaranteed to be ‘as accurate as possible, given the inferior audibility’.
- Proofread Transcripts are recommended for all transcripts that need to be punctuated expertly (i.e. the transcripts will be published).
One on one interviews
Interviews or discussions: we produce transcripts for academic research, market research, life stories, oral histories, investigations, use in legal matters, performance management reporting, recruitment selection reporting.
Focus groups and meetings
Focus groups, group discussions and meetings: we produce transcripts or minutes for academic research, market research, investigations, use in legal matters, conferences, workshops, forums, seminars, committee or council meetings, annual general meetings, public or private hearings.
We produce transcripts and dictated reports for individuals, consultants, medical specialists, businesses and companies in relation to legal matters, financial advice, marketing, media captioning and property valuation, and medical reports in the following areas: Psychology, Forensic Psychiatry, Obstetrics/Gynaecology, Radiology, Histopathology, Dentistry, General Surgery, Sleep and Respiratory, and Orthapaedics.
What we will do for you
- email you a free quote for producing the type of transcripts you need
- send you our forwarding website details so you can send us your audio files or, if requested, log in to your system to download recordings
- upon request, email you a signed Guarantee of Confidentiality
- transcribe your recordings
- send an invoice reflecting the quoted rates for the exact number of recorded minutes transcribed
- submit your transcripts by the agreed deadline.
Our transcriptionists live in Australia, and have signed Confidentiality Agreements with On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading. For information go to: Our audio transcriptionists.
For information about how we present our transcripts, go to: On Time transcript presentation.
- Our audio transcription software is Olympus DSS Player Pro. Our scribes also use ExpressScribe and FTR
- We produce transcripts and reports using Microsoft Office 365
- After you have confirmed your booking, we ask you to upload your audio files using our forwarding website. We download your recordings and delete the files from the site, maintaining confidentiality. Alternatively, you can send a small audio file attached to an email, send us a link to download your audio files from your own website, or give or send us the audio file on a USB.
- We use Switch and other conversion software to convert video recordings into audio files suitable for audio transcription.
If your recording is of poor quality (e.g. very strong accents, background noise, or very quiet)
If your recording is of poor audio quality and you need an accurate transcript:
- We will produce your transcript as a Proofread Transcript that is as accurate as possible given the poor audibility
- If we had intended to provide you with a Transcript on the understanding the audio recording would be of good or reasonable audibility, then discover the audio file is actually of poor audibility, we will provide you with a revised quote for producing a Proofread Transcript
- Once every few years, we receive an audio file that is of such poor audibility it cannot be transcribed into a useful transcript; when this happens, we advise the client accordingly, and cancel the booking, at no charge to the client.
If your recording involves strong accents
We have many years of experience transcribing recordings of events involving speakers whose first language is not English, including:
- Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians, from remote areas in Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia, and the Torres Strait Islands
- People from Timor Leste, Indonesia, Philippines, China, Japan, Korea, India, Pakistan, Portugal, Canada, United States of America, United Kingdom, and various countries in Africa, Europe and Scandinavia.
If the accents in a recording are quite strong or the person speaking is using a mixture of their own language and English, we will produce the transcript as a Proofread Transcript.
- Free initial consultation and quote
- We charge a booking fee plus a ‘per audio minute’ rate that depends on the number of audio minutes that need to be transcribed; type of transcripts (1st Draft or Proofread Transcripts); number of speakers; whether there are any strong accents or poor audibility; and the deadline.
- If you know how many minutes of recordings you need transcribed and provide us with a few details, we can tell you exactly your transcripts will cost.
- If you are not sure how many audio minutes or hours of audio recordings or transcripts you will need, we will send you our General Quote – Transcripts and Proofread Transcripts.
Call us any time for chat or free consultation and quote: Contact us.