We provide the following services, across Australia
- Free consultation and quote, and signed Guarantee of confidentiality.
- Copy typing handwritten or typed documents.
- Typing PDF documents that cannot convert to Word.
- Typing manuscripts.
- Typing reports.
- Typing data (i.e. data capture) into Excel or Access formats
- Create spreadsheets according to client instructions for data to be captured
If you need your document or handwritten notes typed, see below.
Typing reports, manuscripts and other documents
- Copy typing* handwritten and typed manuscripts (for publications)
- Typing handwritten correspondence, statements, case notes, workshop notes, manuscripts, reports, submissions
- Typing handwritten corrections into hardcopy documents (e.g. manuscripts)
- Typing handwritten workshop notes (butcher’s paper or PDF documents)
- Typing data (‘data input’ or ‘data capture’) into Excel, Access and other formats; creating spreadsheets
- Typing hard copy publications, or typed PDF documents, that need to be retyped into a Word document. We can either type it ‘as is’, or type it with corrections of spelling and punctuation
- Testing whether scanned PDF documents can be converted into accurate (error-free) Word documents. Note: Documents that have been ‘saved to PDF’ can often be converted easily into a typed Word document. Typed documents that have been manually scanned and saved as a PDF document need to be tested to see whether they can be converted into a Word document.
* Our own definition of ‘copy typing’ or ‘typing’ is: accurately typing handwritten or typed text into a new document that may include headings, dot points and tables, but not advanced formatting. Spelling errors and punctuation may be corrected. Our accuracy is guaranteed to be at least 98%.
How we will type your document
- Free consultation: we will clarify what you need and your timeline. We will provide you with a quote.
- We specialise in typing manuscripts. We also type reports, copytyping printed, typed documents or handwritten documents.
- If needed we will correct spelling errors and punctuation as we go (although we do not attempt to do any ‘editing’ while typing a manuscript).
- If needed we will create headings and a Table of Contents (TOC) for your manuscript and link the headings to the TOC. (This will make it easier for someone to then edit or proofread the manuscript.) Strictly speaking, this is “formatting” (not typing) – for more information, go to: Formatting in Word.
- If you need a PDF document typed, we will review the document to see whether it can be converted, or whether it needs to be typed.
- When you accept the quote, we will type the document as per agreed tasks.
- If your original document is handwritten, or typed with handwritten corrections, we may consult with you to clarify indecipherable words and/or editing symbols, before completing the task and submitting the document.
For more information, go to:
Sally-Anne and her team all live in Australia, including Melbourne, Bendigo, Gippsland (servicing Traralgon, Sale, Warragul) and Mornington in Victoria; Darwin in the Northern Territory; Cairns and Toowoomba in Queensland; Yass in New South Wales; and Adelaide in South Australia. To see our detailed list of team members, go to: The On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading Team.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane, owner/operator of On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading, and On Time Typing Books and Life Stories, offers a free initial consultation where she shares information about:
- writing and self-editing fiction, non-fiction and poetry
- editing and proofreading fiction, non-fiction and poetry
- design options for your manuscript or self-published book
- self-publishing and other publishing options
- writers’ and editors’ industry groups, organisations, online networks.
- Call us for a free initial consultation and quote: Contact us.
- Design and formatting services are charged at an hourly rate, or a fixed quote that is based on our hourly rates. Copy typing services are based on a per-typed-word rate. We will not commence until you have accepted the quote
- We will submit a Tax Invoice and request payment either before commencing work or before submitting your documents.