‘My Story’ by Shirley Reynolds (written, edited and self-published December 2020)
‘My Story’ was partly written, partly told by author/storyteller Shirley Reynolds in 2020. This memoir was produced by On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading, and self-published by the author in December 2020.
‘My Story’ by Shirley Reynolds
‘This story is about my happy childhood. Living all around the North Island. Coping with death and grief, and growing up, and my work as a prostitute. It’s about the love of my life, Michael, in New Zealand and Australia. Being a working girl in the underworld, in Melbourne. The violent assault that put me in a wheelchair. And my story is also about living with bipolar disorder.
‘But most of all, this story is about my big, beautiful family and our love for one another. I hope you enjoy it.’
Produced by On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading
‘My Story’ was produced by the On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading team as follows:
- Project coordinator: Sally-Anne (meeting pre-Christmas 2020 deadline.)
- Shirley’s handwritten notes typed by Sue, then put into order by Amanda
- Shirley’s extra stories, corrections and clarifications explained to Sally-Anne (via telephone). Sally-Anne scribed/typed those stories into the manuscript and then rearranged the story chronologically
- Structural and line editing: Sally-Anne
- Copy editing: Kellie
- Graphic design inside pages: Claire
- Graphic design cover: Christina
- Printer: MinuteMan Prahran.
If you would like to purchase a copy of this book from Shirley, please contact On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading here and we will put you in touch with her.
Back To Blog