Poetry Manuscript Appraisal Checklist
On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading:
- reads and reviews your poetry book manuscript, then
- writes a manuscript appraisal report based on our Checklist.
Our Poetry Manuscript Appraisal Checklist
Our manuscript appraisal (or manuscript assessment) report will cover, among other things, recommendations about:
- structure and order of poems
- relevance and quality of each poem to the whole (and/or poems to be deleted)
- title of each poem, and title of the book
- fonts/styles used for each poem/the book
- (if appropriate), corrections or additions to preliminary pages and/or cover (introduction, publication information, dedication, blurb etc.)
We will also recommend one or more of the following:
- further self-editing (as per our recommendations/instructions)
- a structural or copy edit by a professional editor who specialises in poetry
- graphic design and self-publishing
- submitting to a publisher.
For more information about our poetry manuscript appraisals: Contact us.
For more information about poetry in general
- The more poetry you read, the better you become at writing and self-editing your own poetry, and the more you support other poets. Australian poets are encouraged to subscribe to: Australian Poetry.
- ‘Like’ our poetry editing page: Poetry Editing and Self-Publishing Australia (PESPA).
This article has been proofread by Dee Sansom from On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading.
Photo: Sally-Anne Watson Kane.
Back To Blog