The conference is over
Sally-Anne Watson Kane has returned from the Institute of Professional Editors national conference, Beyond the Page 2019, armed with new information about best practice in respect to:
- editing traumatic subjects
- life writing and editing
- editing family histories
- editing to make documents accessible to all audiences
- ethics in editing (various topics)
- How one’s own experiences (including writing, disabilities or trauma) can inform editing practice
- the importance of advocacy for editors
- copyright law and common issues or challenges
- and lots of other subjects.
Sally-Anne is working on a couple of different projects at the moment to which she can apply her recent learnings from the IPEd conference.
Thank you to all of those who made this event possible, especially the volunteers.
Image: courtesy of John Hain via Pixabay.