Copy typing, formatting and other services
- Signed Guarantee of Confidentiality
- Copy typing handwritten and PDF documents
- Formatting – Advanced Word Styles
- Formatting – graphic design (Powerpoint, InDesign)
- Scribing and producing resumes
- Free consultation and quote
- Free general consultations about writing and self-publishing.
On Time Typing’s clients are authors, businesses, companies, government and non government agencies in Darwin, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Tasmania, Canberra and regional towns and cities including Bendigo, Traralgon, Morwell, Warragul, Pakenham, Mornington, Alice Springs and Cairns.
Our scribes, typists and editors live in Australia: Bendigo, Central Victoria, Traralgon, Morwell, Moe, Warragul, Mornington, Pakenham and Melbourne in Victoria; Darwin and Palmerston in Northern Territory, and Sydney NSW.
We type handwritten or typed documents into correspondence, statements, workshop notes, manuscripts, reports, submissions and publications. We use Word 2016 or other formats if required.
What we will do for you
- First we provide you with a free consultation to clarify what you need and the timeline, and a quote for typing your document.
- If we do not have a typist that lives near you, we will ask you to scan and email the document to us, or post it to us. If we have a typist who lives near you, we can arrange for pickup/delivery.
- If your original document is handwritten, or a typed document with handwritten corrections, we may need to consult with you to clarify words, letters or shortforms.
- If you have a PDF document you need typed to produce a Word document, we may suggest PDF/Word conversion to see if it produces a relatively accurate Word document. Depending on how well your particular PDF converts to Word, we will recommend either copy typing the document ‘from scratch’, or using the converted document and proofreading it to correct the errors.
- When typing the documents, we will correct minor spelling or other errors as we type. If we discover any major errors during typing, we will consult with you about how to proceed.
- If the document you need typed is one to two pages, we may suggest that we scribe your document as you speak if that is a more cost-effective method.
Note: Our definition of ‘Copy typing’ is copy typing text that may have headings, dot points and tables but has only minimal formatting. We type the documents in Word, although upon request we will save the document in PDF format. Copy typing is charged at a lower rate than formatting or editing. Copy typing does not include creating Table of Contents, Styles or footnotes; those tasks are charged at the formatting rate.
Our Advanced Word formatting services include:
- Creating or amending Table of Contents
- Creating or amending Word Styles
- Creating or editing footnotes and endnotes
- Importing images or diagrams in other formats into a Word document
- Designing publications in Word
- Trouble-shooting and repairing problems in relation to numbering, headings or indents (all related to Word Styles), fonts, section breaks etc.
Graphic design (powerpoint, indesign)
Our graphic design services include:
- Designing and creating Powerpoint presentations
- Editing Powerpoint documents
- Importing your documents into Adobe InDesign
- Designing publications using Adobe InDesign
- Proofreading publications using Adobe InDesign, to printer-ready stage
- Note: if you need a document designed using a different format please let us know and we will do our best to assist.
Our resume services include:
- Consulting with you to write or scribe your resume
- Copy editing and/or proofreading your resume
- Consulting with you to clarify or rewrite the information you have provided
- Ensuring your resume is targeted to your specific audience
- Submitting your resume in Word or PDF, as required.
Signed Guarantee of Confidentiality
On Time Typing offers all clients a signed Guarantee of Confidentiality, and all our typists, scribes and editors have signed a Confidentiality Agreement with On Time Typing.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane, owner/operator of On Time Typing, offers an initial free consultation to share information with you about:
- writing, editing and proofreading
- self-publishing and other publishing options
- helpful networks; e.g. writers’ and editors’ industry groups, professional organisations, social media groups.
After discussing your issues, if you are then interested in our scribing, editing, proofreading or self-publishing services, we will provide you with a quote.
- There is no charge for an initial consultation about writing, editing, self-publishing etc
- Typing, formatting or resume services are charged at a flat rate (either per word or per job), based on our hourly rates.
- The quotation must be accepted by the client in writing (email) prior to On Time Typing commencing the task
- We submit your Tax Invoice and request payment prior to submitting the work.
Call us on 0419 337 824 for a free consultation and quote.