Graphic design, formatting, copy typing
- Graphic design/formatting: Word, Powerpoint, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (see details below)
- Copy typing handwritten and PDF documents (see details below)
- Signed Guarantee of Confidentiality
- Free consultation and quote: phone us at 0419 337 824
- For information about our clients, go to: Graphic design and formatting – our clients; and Copy typing – our clients.
Graphic design and formatting
- Designing publications (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, memoir) in Word or InDesign
- Designing reports, brochures, newsletters, manuals, in Word or Indesign; and designing PowerPoint presentations
- Creating Word Style templates, Table of Contents, footnotes, endnotes
- Trouble-shooting documents to repair design or formatting errors
- Importing images and diagrams in other formats into the document
- Editing photographs and images, using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Converting content or whole documents into other programs (e.g. InDesign, PDF)
What we can do for you
- Free consultation: clarify what you need and your timeline. If we have a team member who lives near you, we may arrange to meet you; otherwise, we will ask you to email the document to us. We will then consult with you to clarify exactly what you need, recommend the best way to do it, and provide you with a fixed quote or estimate.
- Our graphic designers will complete the requested task. If any issues arise, we may consult with you again to clarify exactly what you need.
- We will submit the completed document to you by the agreed deadline.
- Typing handwritten correspondence, statements, case notes, workshop notes, manuscripts, reports, submissions and publications.
- Typing handwritten corrections into hardcopy documents (e.g. manuscripts)
- Typing handwritten workshop notes (on butcher’s paper or PDF documents)
- Typing hard copy publications (that need to be retyped)
- Typing PDF documents of text that cannot be converted successfully into Word
What we can do for you
- Free consultation: clarify what you need, the timeline, and a quote. If we have a typist who lives near you, we can arrange for pickup/delivery of your hard copy document. Otherwise, we will ask you to scan and email the document to us, or post it to us.
- If you need a PDF document typed, we will first attempt to convert the PDF into a Word document, using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. If the conversion produces an accurate Word document, no typing or correcting will be necessary. If the resulting Word document is accurate except for some errors resulting in the Word document, the Word document will need to be proofread to correct those errors. If the resulting Word document has a large number of errors, the PDF text will need to be copy typed into a Word document.
- Type the document, correcting any typos or minor errors we notice in the original. If we discover a large number of errors in the original that need to be corrected, we will consult with you about any extra charges.
- If your original document is handwritten, or a typed document with handwritten corrections, we may need to consult with you to clarify words and editing symbols.
Note: Our definition of ‘Copy typing’ is copy typing text that may have headings, dot points and tables, with minimal formatting. We type the document in Word then submit it to you in Word or PDF. Creating, or amending, Table of Contents, Word Styles or footnotes is called ‘formatting’.
Our typists, scribes, designers and editors live in Australia, in Melbourne, Bendigo, Traralgon, Morwell, Moe, Warragul and Mornington in Victoria; Darwin and Palmerston in Northern Territory; and Brisbane and Cairns in North Queensland.
For information about our graphic designers, Claire, Christina and Christine, go to: Our graphic designers.
For information about our typists, go to: Our typists and transcriptionists.
For a description of the whole team, go to: The On Time Typing Team.
For information about our clients, go to:
Sally-Anne Watson Kane, owner/operator of On Time Typing, offers an initial free consultation to share information about:
- writing and self-editing fiction, non-fiction and poetry
- editing and proofreading fiction, non-fiction and poetry
- design options for your manuscript/publication
- self-publishing and other publishing options
- useful networks; e.g. writers’ and editors’ industry groups, professional organisations, social media groups.
- Free initial consultation and quote
- The above services are charged at an hourly rate, or a fixed rate based on our hourly rates for the task
- We will not commence the task until you have accepted the quote
- We will submit a Tax Invoice and request payment either at commencement or prior to submitting your documents.
Call us on 0419 337 824 for a free consultation and quote.