Graphic design, formatting, typing
On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading offers the following services:
- Graphic design: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint
- Formatting: Word – reformatting, formatting Word
- Copy typing handwritten, typed and PDF documents
- Typing manuscripts, reports, testimonies, life stories, memoirs
- Free consultation and quote, and signed guarantee of confidentiality.
Please see below for a detailed description of the above services.
Graphic design and formatting
- Designing publication inside pages (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, memoir) in InDesign and submitting as per printer specifications
- Designing publication cover in InDesign as per printer specifications
- Designing reports, brochures, newsletters, manuals, in Word or Indesign
- Submitting designed reports/publications in PDF or InDesign
- Designing PowerPoint presentations
- Creating Word Style templates for reports and publications
- Creating Table of Contents, footnotes, tables, images, diagrams etc. for reports and publications; trouble-shooting to repair formatting errors
- Editing photographs and images, using Photoshop or Illustrator
- Converting documents into other formats (e.g. InDesign or Word to PDF; PDF documents to Word).
How we will design or format your document
- Free consultation and quote: we will clarify what you need and your timeline. If we have a team member who lives near you, we may arrange to meet you. Or we will ask you to email the document to us. We will clarify exactly what you need, recommend the best approach, and provide you with a quote or estimate.
- We will complete the requested task.
- We will submit the completed document to you by the agreed deadline.
Note: our definition of ‘formatting’ is ‘creating or amending Table of Contents, Word Styles or footnotes, in Word’. Our definition of ‘graphic design’ is ‘designing or formatting a document in InDesign or another design program’.
- Typing handwritten correspondence, statements, case notes, workshop notes, manuscripts, reports, submissions
- Typing handwritten and typed manuscripts (for publications)
- Typing handwritten corrections into hardcopy documents (e.g. manuscripts)
- Typing handwritten workshop notes (butcher’s paper or PDF documents)
- Copy typing hard copy publications that need to be retyped ‘as is’ or retyped ‘with corrections’ for a new edition
- Typing PDF typed documents into Word documents, if they cannot be converted successfully into Word
How we will type your document
- Free consultation and quote: we will clarify what you need and your timeline. If we have a team member who lives near you, we may arrange to meet you. Or we will ask you to email or post the document to us.
- If you need a PDF document typed, we will first attempt to convert the PDF into a Word document, using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. If the conversion produces an accurate Word document, no typing or correcting will be necessary. If the resulting Word document is accurate except for some errors produced by the conversion, the Word document will need to be proofread to correct those errors. If the resulting Word document has a large number of errors, the PDF will need to be copy typed into a Word document.
- We will type the document as required, correcting any typos or minor errors we notice in the original. If we discover a large number of errors in the original that need to be corrected, we will consult with you about any extra charges.
- If your original document is handwritten, we may need to consult with you to clarify words and editing symbols
- If your original document is a typed document with handwritten corrections, we may need to consult with you to clarify words and editing symbols
Note: Our definition of ‘Copy typing’ is ‘copy typing text that may have headings, dot points and tables, with minimal formatting’. We type the document in Word. We submit it to you in Word and/or PDF.
Our typists, scribes, designers and editors live in Australia, in Melbourne, Bendigo, Traralgon, Morwell, Moe, Warragul and Mornington in Victoria; Darwin and Palmerston in Northern Territory; and Brisbane and Cairns in North Queensland.
For information about our graphic designers, Claire, Christina and Christine, go to: Our graphic designers.
For information about our typists, go to: Our typists and transcriptionists.
For a description of the whole team, go to: The On Time Typing Team.
For information about our clients, go to:
Sally-Anne Watson Kane, owner/operator of On Time Typing, offers an initial consultation where she freely shares information about:
- writing and self-editing fiction, non-fiction and poetry
- editing and proofreading fiction, non-fiction and poetry
- design options for your manuscript or self-published book
- self-publishing and other publishing options
- writers’ and editors’ industry groups, organisations, online networks.
- Free initial consultation and quote
- The above services are charged at an hourly rate, or a fixed rate based on our hourly rates for the task
- We will not commence the task until you have accepted the quote
- We will submit a Tax Invoice and request payment either at commencement or prior to submitting your documents.
Call us on 0419 337 824 for a free consultation and quote.