Self-publishing services: life stories and memoirs
Sally-Anne Watson Kane has been scribing, editing and producing self-published life stories, memoirs and oral histories for 26 years.
We are currently producing these self-published memoirs and life stories (2002-2003)
- Autobiography of a Vietnam veteran (now deceased). Themes include childhood in 1950s Australia, Vietnam war experiences, post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, mateship, extended family, and love. Sally-Anne’s role: scribing the author’s oral stories as he spoke; compiling and editing, and incorporating handwritten letters into the book; producing the publication to printed self-published book stage.
- Memoir by an author living with autism. Themes include childhood, growing up with autism, and living with autism as a young adult. Sally-Anne’s role: coaching the author via Zoom as they edit his memoir together; scribing in more information as the author speaks; compiling and editing; will either produce the publication as a self-published e-book and printed book, or handover to an e-publisher.
- Memoir by a New Zealand immigrant living in Australia. Themes including childhood, poverty, life as a prostitute, mental illness, family, and love. Sally-Anne’s role: structural editing; collaborating with the client as they edit the memoir together; scribing in more information as the author speaks; compiling and editing; will produce the publication as a self-published printed book.
- Inter-generational family history including rollicking tales of ancestors in England and Ireland as well as Australia, and based on extensive research. Author has previously published, and has written the entire family history himself. Sally-Anne’s role: copy editing; supervising graphic design and production of the publication as a self-published printed book.
Previous projects: memoirs, life stories and oral histories
- A life: I am what I am, 2019, Joan Sammon. Produced by On Time Typing-Peewee Press. Edited, designed and proofread by On Time Typing. Self-published in hardcopy by Peewee Press. ISBN -13:978-1-921216-02-2. Barcode 9 781921 216022.
- Sharing our Stories – Territory Women 2005 – 2006, 2006. Compiled by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane] and Susan Foster. Copyright YWCA 2006. Transcribed, compiled, edited and produced by On Time Typing. Sponsored by YWCA of Darwin Inc. A small book of seven oral presentations by Northern Territorian women. Self-published by Peewee Press. ISBN 1-921216-00-X.
- Buibere: Lian Feto Timor Lorosa’e Nian, vol. 2, 2001 (in Tetun language). Compiled by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane]; edited by Sally-Anne with the assistance of editors Rosalia Soares and Manuela Leong Pereira. Copyright Fokupers, Timor Leste. Funded by USAID-OTI, Fokupers and Australian Volunteers International. Produced by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Some sections translated from original Buibere publication (in English) into Tetun, some sections scribed by Sally-Anne in Tetun. Sally-Anne coordinated a team of over 40 Timorese photographers, translators, designers, editors and researchers, edited and compiled this publication in the Tetun language which was launched in December 2001. Self-published by Fokupers. ISBN 0_646_41719_3.
- Buibere: Voice of East Timorese Women, vol. 1, 1999. Compiled by Sally-Anne Watson Kane (as pseudonym ‘Rebecca Winters’). Copyright ETISC. Produced by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Funded by The HIVOS Foundation. Sally-Anne recorded testimonies in Tetun and Portuguese; worked closely with Timorese translators in Timor Leste and Darwin, Australia, to scribe translations of the testimonies into English; edited and coordinated a team of Australian and Timorese people in Darwin to complete the proofreading, design, printing and distribution of this volume of oral histories by 22 East Timorese women. It was launched in mid-1999, just before the East Timor Referendum. Self-published by ETISC. ISBN 0_9577329_3_7.
- East Timor Interviews Recorded November 1998, 2001. Compiled by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane] (as pseudonym ‘Rebecca Winters’). Copyright ETISC. Produced by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Sally-Anne recorded 11 interviews in Tetun and Portuguese; worked closely with Timorese translators to scribe their translations of the testimonies into English; and edited this English language publication. Note: introduction by Bishop Belo (who was later awarded the Nobel Peace Prize). Self-published by ETISC.
- Children of the Resistance, 1996, Sally-Anne Watson Kane (under the pseudonyms ‘Rebecca Winters and Brian Kelly’). Copyright AFFET. Editing, design and production by Martin Goreing, Sally-Anne Watson Kane and AFFET members. Collection of non-fiction articles based on Sally-Anne’s experiences and oral histories recorded in East Timor in 1996. Self-published by AFFET. ISBN 0_646_30388_0.
For queries about the above publications, please Contact us and we will answer your request or refer you to the copyright owner/s.
Back To Blog