Self-publishing services: life stories and memoirs
Sally-Anne Watson Kane has been scribing, editing and producing self-published life stories, memoirs and oral histories for 26 years.
We are currently producing these self-published books (2021)
- Autobiography of a Vietnam veteran (author now passed away). Themes: childhood in 1950s Australia; Vietnam war experiences in 70-71; post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, mateship, extended family, and love. Our role: scribing the author’s stories as he spoke; compiling and editing; incorporating handwritten letters into the book; designing and producing the publication as a printed self-published book. Publication date: March 2021.
- Memoir by an author (young adult) with autism based in Gippsland. Themes: childhood and growing up as an autistic person; what it is like to be an autistic person. Our role: coaching the author in writing and self-editing; developmental editing; scribing in information as the author speaks; copy editing; designing and producing the publication as a printed self-published e-book and e-book. Publication date: some time in 2021.
- Inter-generational family history by author based in Gippsland: rollicking tales of his ancestors in England and Ireland as well as Australia, based on extensive research. Our role: copy editing; graphic design; producing the publication as a self-published printed book. Publication date: early 2021.
Previous projects (1996-2020): memoirs, life stories and oral histories
- Hope unfeathered, Kate Erlenbusch, 2020. Produced by Kate Erlenbusch. Editing and design inside pages by On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading. Cover: Kate Noseda. Collection of poems based on the poet’s own experiences. Themes include faith, doubt, hope and self-acceptance. ISBN -97806-4879-6909. Barcode 9 780648 796909.
- My Story, Shirley Reynolds, 2020. Produced by On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading (OTTEP). Scribed, edited, designed and proofread by OTTEP. Self-published in hardcopy by Shirley Reynolds. Memoir about the author’s childhood and early adulthood in New Zealand and life in the underworld in Australia. Themes include childhood, family, bipolar disorder, violence, and love.
- A life: I am what I am, Joan Sammon, 2019. Produced by On Time Typing. Edited, designed and proofread by On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading. Self-published in hardcopy by Peewee Press. Themes include child sexual abuse, mental illness, life as a gay woman, and laughter as the best medicine. ISBN -13:978-1-921216-02-2. Barcode 9 781921 216022.
- Sharing our Stories – Territory Women 2005 – 2006, 2006. Compiled by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane] and Susan Foster. Copyright YWCA 2006. Transcribed, compiled, edited and produced by On Time Typing. Sponsored by YWCA of Darwin Inc. Book of seven oral presentations by Northern Territorian women. Self-published by Peewee Press. ISBN 1-921216-00-X.
- Buibere: Lian Feto Timor Lorosa’e Nian, vol. 2, 2001 (in Tetun language). Compiled by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane]; edited by Sally-Anne with the assistance of editors Rosalia Soares and Manuela Leong Pereira. Copyright Fokupers, Timor Leste. Funded by USAID-OTI, Fokupers and Australian Volunteers International. Produced by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Some sections translated from original Buibere publication (in English) into Tetun, others scribed by Sally-Anne in Tetun. Sally-Anne coordinated a team of 40 Timorese photographers, translators, designers, editors and researchers, edited and compiled this publication in the Tetun language which was launched in December 2001. Themes: life in Timor Leste under Indonesian occupation including rape, torture, massacres; the authors’ current lives and aspirations for an independent Timor Leste. Self-published by Fokupers. ISBN 0_646_41719_3.
- Buibere: Voice of East Timorese Women, vol. 1, 1999. Compiled by Sally-Anne Watson Kane (as pseudonym ‘Rebecca Winters’). Copyright ETISC. Produced by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Funded by The HIVOS Foundation. Sally-Anne recorded testimonies in Tetun and Portuguese; worked closely with Timorese translators in Timor Leste and Darwin, Australia, to scribe translations of the testimonies into English; edited and coordinated a team of Australian and Timorese people in Darwin to complete the proofreading, design, printing and distribution of this volume of oral histories by 22 East Timorese women. Launched in mid-1999, just before the East Timor Referendum. Themes: life in Timor Leste under Indonesian occupation including rape, torture, massacres 1975 to present day (1998); the authors’ aspirations for an independent Timor Leste. Self-published by ETISC. ISBN 0_9577329_3_7.
- East Timor Interviews Recorded November 1998, 2001. Compiled by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane] (as pseudonym ‘Rebecca Winters’). Copyright ETISC. Produced by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Sally-Anne recorded 11 interviews in Tetun and Portuguese; worked closely with Timorese translators to scribe their translations of the testimonies into English; and edited this English language publication. Note: introduction by Bishop Belo (who was later awarded the Nobel Peace Prize). Themes: life in Timor Leste under Indonesian occupation including rape, torture, massacres 1975 to present day (1996)). Self-published by ETISC.
- Children of the Resistance, 1996, Sally-Anne Watson Kane (under the pseudonyms ‘Rebecca Winters and Brian Kelly’). Copyright AFFET. Editing, design and production by Martin Goreing, Sally-Anne Watson Kane and AFFET members. Collection of non-fiction articles based on Sally-Anne’s experiences and oral histories recorded in East Timor in 1996. Self-published by AFFET. ISBN 0_646_30388_0.
For queries about the above publications, please Contact us and we will answer your request or refer you to the copyright owner/s.
Back To Blog