Moe library – a great place for community groups or events
Since the Moe library (Frank Bartlett Memorial Library and Moe Service Centre) opened in 2016, it has become a regular meeting place for community groups, and the venue of choice for events held by individuals, community groups, government and business in the Latrobe City Shire.
Some of the community groups and events my family or I have attended at the Moe library are:
- Business workshops, courses and seminars sponsored Latrobe City Council
- Writers’ and editors’ workshops, courses and seminars presented or sponsored by: Victorian Writers; Gippsland Writers Group; Latrobe City Council; Latrobe Literary Festival; Latrobe Regional Gallery; On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading; various individual authors
- Poetry Editors’ Group Gippsland – meets every three months
- Poetry events sponsored by Latrobe Regional Gallery, or run by On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading
- Art workshops and courses held or sponsored by Latrobe Regional Gallery: Art Cart After School, Zine-making workshop.
- Gunaikurnai storytelling – regular storytelling for kids, by Jaslyn
- Lego play group (previously known as Jak’s play group) – Saturday mornings
Other events regularly held at the Moe library are workshops, courses and seminars about subjects as diverse as beekeeping, family history research, environmental issues and local history, as well as specific events to attract young people to the library.
If you would like to know more about the Moe library and upcoming events:
- drop in to the Frank Bartlett Memorial Library and Moe Service Centre in George St, in the centre of Moe
- check out their Australian Library and Information Association page here
- check out regular and upcoming events held at the Moe library here and here.
Back To Blog