Wanted: NT Telephone Receptionist/Admin person
On Time Typing (OTT) provides typing, report writing, scribing, audio transcription and formatting services to clients in the Northern Territory and across Australia.
We are seeking a person living either in or near Darwin or Alice Springs to provide the following services:
- be our first point of contact for Northern Territory clients;
- be willing and able to provide between 2 and 5 hours of telephone receptionist/admin services during business hours, per week including (but not necessarily limited to): receiving telephone calls on behalf of OTT; relaying messages to the Manager; replying to telephone messages when appropriate/required; on occasion meeting with clients face to face, either in own home-based office or in a nearby location;
- OTT will provide the NT Telephone Receptionist/Admin person the opportunity to provide extra services such as typing, audio transcription, writing resumes, copy
typing, formatting, and/or scribing minutes or reports, if the successful person can demonstrate that they possess those broader skills.
Stay-at-home parents of young or school aged children, long term residents of the Territory, and people who already have part-time employment are particularly welcome to apply. The person who wins this position will need to be open to discussing the logistics of carrying out this role in his/her particular situation, and will need to be flexible in negotiating terms and payment with the Proprietor prior to commencing any work.
If you have the below skills and experience please email a detailed application addressing each selection criterion, and a current resume, to the Proprietor at email@example.com Note: if you do not have all of the below Essential attributes, please do not apply.
- Reside in (or within 25 km of) Darwin, Palmerston or Alice Springs;
- Have own office/study (at home) and computer/laptop including MS Word 2010;
- Have ABN or be willing to obtain an ABN, and willing to work as a ‘self-employed’ person;
- Generally speaking, at home/able to receive phone calls for at least 2 business hours per day, Mon-Friday;
- Excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation; excellent oral communication skills including communication via telephone and face to face;
- Professional manner and presentation and experience in dealing with senior managers and customers/clients;
- Preference for (and commitment to) working as a ‘self-employed person’ from own home;
- Able to work unsupervised; honest and reliable; experienced in meeting deadlines (or renegotiating deadlines appropriately);
- Able to keep information secure and confidential in the context of working from own home-based office.
- Typing speed 80 wpm with very good accuracy;
- Proficient in using MS Outlook (including Calendar) and MS Word 2010;
- Experience in audio transcription and proven accuracy in this regard;
- Experience in minute-taking and excellent writing and editing skills;
- Experience in personal assistant or reception roles, working without supervision;
- Experience in communicating with people of Indigenous and multicultural backgrounds;
- Personal situation that makes the applicant well suited to working a small number of hours every week, from home-based office; e.g. stay-at-home parent, part-time worker, rural living.