- Copy typing
- Advanced Word (including Styles, formatting)
- Graphic design (PowerPoint, InDesign, VISIO)
- Free consultation and quote.
- Signed Guarantee of Confidentiality
- Free consultation to share information regarding: writing, editing, self-publishing.
The On Time Typing team provides services across Australia via email, internet and telephone, as well as face-to-face. Our clients live in Darwin, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Tasmania, Canberra and regional towns and cities including Bendigo, Traralgon, Morwell, Warragul, Pakenham, Mornington, Alice Springs, Katherine and Cairns. Our typists live or near in the following areas: Bendigo, Traralgon, Morwell, Moe, Warragul, Pakenham, Melbourne and Mornington, Victoria; Darwin, Northern Territory;and south-eastern New South Wales.
We type handwritten and typed documents into correspondence, statements, workshop notes, manuscripts, reports and submissions, in Word 2016 or other formats. We regularly type whole publications. Our clients are government departments, non-government
organisations, businesses, companies and authors.
What we will do for you
- First we provide you with a free consultation to clarify what you need and the timeline, and a quote for typing your document/publication.
- If we do not have a typist that lives near you, we will ask you to either scan and email the document to us, or post it to us. If we have a typist who lives near you, we can arrange for pickup/delivery.
- If your original document is handwritten, or a hardcopy typed document with handwritten corrections, we may need to consult with you to clarify words, letters or shortforms.
- If you have a PDF (online) copy of the document but need it typed into a Word document, we will first try PDF/Word conversion to see if this produces a relatively accurate Word document. Converting a PDF document to Word sometimes results in errors. Depending on how well the PDF document converts to Word, we will recommend either copy typing the document 'from scratch', or proofreading the converted document against the PDF to correct errors.
- When typing the documents, we will correct minor spelling or other errors as we type. If we discover any major errors during typing, we will consult with you about how to proceed.
- If the document you need typed is only one to two pages, we may suggest that we scribe your document as you speak, via telephone, if we think that will be a more cost-effective method.
Note: Our definition of 'Copy typing' is copy typing text that may have headings, dot points and tables but has only minimal formatting. We type the documents in Word although upon request we will save the document in PDF format. Copy typing is charged at a lower rate than formatting or editing. Copy typing does not include creating Table of Contents, Styles or footnotes; those tasks are charged at the Advanced Word or editing rate.
We offer Advanced Word services for more complex formatting tasks such as:
- Creating or editing Table of Contents
- Creating or repairing/changing Word Styles (formatting)
- Creating or editing footnotes and endnotes
- Importing images or diagrams in other formats into a Word document
- Trouble-shooting and repairing other formatting problems in relation to numbering, headings or indents (related to Word Styles), fonts, section breaks.
The On Time Typing team has four editors with skills in different aspects of Word including advanced Word skills.
We offer graphic design services as follows:
- We can create or edit a PowerPoint document. On Time Typing has several editors experienced in using PowerPoint
- We can import your document into InDesign and design your publication to printer-ready stage, using InDesign. Our editors are experienced in designing publications using InDesign
- We can create or edit a VISIO image (document) and/or import VISIO images into documents in Word or other formats. Our editors have many years' experience using VISIO and other graphic design programs
- If you need some work done on a document in a different format let us know and we will do our best to assist.
The On Time Typing team has two editors with advanced graphic design skills.
Free consultation for information-sharing
Sally-Anne Watson Kane, owner/operator of On Time Typing, is happy to provide a free consultation to share information with you about:
- writing, editing and proofreading
- self-publishing and other publishing options
- managing online or freelance businesses and working from home
- helpful networks; e.g. writers’ and editors' industry groups, professional organisations, social media groups.
After discussing your issues, if you are then interested in our assistance in editing, proofreading or self-publishing, we will provide you with a quote.
- There is no charge for initial consultations or free consultations about writing, editing, self-publishing etc.
- Typing, Advanced Word and graphic design of large documents is charged at a flat rate (either per word/page, or per job)
- Typing, Advanced Word and graphic design of short documents is charged either per word/page or at an hourly rate
- The hourly and/or 'per job' charge must be agreed upon prior to On Time Typing commencing the task.
Call us on 0419 337 824 for a free consultation and quote.