Editing, Proofreading and Self-Publishing
On Time Typing
- Offers a signed Guarantees of Confidentiality
- Edits and proofreads policy suites, property valuation reports, procurement reports, specialist reports, manuals and fiction and non-fiction publications
- Edits websites to align with business target audience, strategies and goals
- Structures or restructures and designs complex documents including reports and publications
- Edits and proofreads in Word 2016, PDF, PowerPoint, InDesign, MS Visio, Excel and other programs
- Edits English written by second language authors, and English translations of other languages
- Offers self-publishing services: coordinates and produces publication including planning, editing, proofreading, graphic design and printer liaison.
What we will do for you
- Provide a free consultation and quote and (upon request) a signed Guarantee of Confidentiality. If relevant, clarify whether proofreading or editing is required, and/or the level of editing required (structural, line or copy editing). If self-publishing assistance requested, clarify exactly what is required and what we can offer
- Editing or proofreading, provide all services via telephone and email/internet and/or face to face (depending on your location). Clarify the target audience and ensure the material is edited and proofread in the style best suited to that audience
- Self-publishing services: provide all or any of the following services, as required: project plan (timelines and budget) for coordinating the publication, structural editing, copy and line editing, proofreading, graphic design, obtaining ISBN and writing 'extras', printer liaison.
Editing and proofreading
Reports, policies, manuals, websites
On Time Typing has been regularly editing and proofreading reports, policies and other documents for Government Departments, companies and businesses across Australia since 2002. For example, we have:
- Edited and proofread policy suites for Northern Territory Department of Education (2015-2017)
- Edited and proofread policy suites for LeasePlan Australia, Melbourne (2016-2017)
- Edited an aircraft maintenance procedures manual for a company in Brisbane (2017)
- Proofread case reports for a Financial Planning company, Traralgon (2007-ongoing)
- Edited and proofread selection reports for NT Government (2002-ongoing)
- Edited submissions and reports for businesses and companies (2002-ongoing)
- Edited and proofread psychological assessment reports for a specialist psychologist consultant in Bendigo
- Proofread procedure manuals for NT Department of Health (2007-2012)
- Edited and proofread tender submissions for Department of Health and Department of Education
- Proofread reports for students of Charles Darwin University and Edith Cowan University (2010-2012)
- Edited and proofread On Time Typing website content including blog (2005-ongoing).
Sally-Anne has been editing and proofreading non-fiction and fiction publications since 1994. For a summary of this experience go to: watch this space for our upcoming blog article about her experience editing general publications.
Sally-Anne has been translating and interpreting Tetun/English since 2000. She continues to develop her skills in editing in Tetun and editing English translations. For more information go to: Editing translations - English and Tetun .
On Time Typing's editors are experienced in editing, proofreading and graphic design including designing publications using InDesign, creating and using Word styles and advanced Word formatting, and editing and proofreading in PDF.
- Sally-Anne Watson Kane (Gippsland), owner of On Time Typing, is a full member of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) and has 30 years' experience in writing, editing and proofreading publications and reports
- Claire McGregor * (Melbourne) is an IPEd-accredited editor and graphic designer and has 25 years' experience in editing and designing non-fiction and fiction publications
- Richard Powell * (south-eastern NSW) has over 40 years' experience in editing and designing publications and expertise in using a broad range of programs
- Dee Sansom * (Bendigo) has over 30 years' experience in editing reports, manuals and publications
- For more details, go to: On Time Typing Team .
We assist organisations and individuals to self-publish their books by providing any or all of the following:
- We provide a free initial consultation and quotes for all or any of the following: writing, editing, proofreading, graphic design, coordinating and producing the publication
- We obtain quotes from printers; produce project plans including timelines and budgets; write funding applications
- If the publication is a compilation of oral histories or anthology of stories, we coordinate the authors/contributors, record/transcribe oral histories as necessary, and coordinate all aspects of the publication including teams of editors, proofreaders, photographers, artists, graphic designers, printe
- Editing (structural, copy and line editing) and proofreading, writing 'extras', obtaining ISBN, graphic design (InDesign), liaising with printer.
Our experience in self-publishing and providing these self-publishing services is outlined at: Publications by Peewee Press and Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- There is no charge for initial consultations or general consultations about writing, editing, proofreading or publishing. However, if you ask for a quote then accept that quote for our writing, editing, proofreading or publications services, the subsequent hours of consultations, writing, editing or proofreading will be charged at the rates outlined in the agreed quote
- Writing, editing, proofreading, graphic design and self-publishing services are charged at an hourly rate, or at a fixed rate for the whole task
- Call us for a free consultation and quote: 0419 337824.