Business Writing, Editing and Proofreading
Sally-Anne Watson Kane, Proprietor of On Time Typing is a full member of Institute of Professional Editors (Australia) and has 30 years' experience
in report writing, writing non-fiction, fiction and poetry, structural editing, copy editing, line editing and proofreading.
On Time Typing writers and editors:
- Scribe, write and edit interview reports and referees' reports
- Scribe, write and edit minutes and reports of meetings, seminars and workshops
- Proofread minutes and reports including property valuation reports and medical reports
- Write, edit and proofread tender applications and funding submissions
- Use PerfectIt editing software as one aspect of the proofreading process
- Restructure and redesign complex documents; rectify formatting problems
- Edit and proofread in PowerPoint, Word 2016 and other formats
- Edit English written as a second language, and English translations of other languages.
If you would like to speak to a recent client regarding the quality of our report writing, editing or proofreading services, please let us know
and we will provide the contact details of referees.
What we will do for you
- When you contact us, we clarify what you need written, edited or proofread
- If you would like us to scribe or write a document, we discuss your target audience and how to proceed. If you think your document is ready
for proofreading, we may need to see the document to confirm the level of editing or proofreading required
- We then email you a quote and upon request, send you a signed Guarantee of Confidentiality
- We usually provide our services via telephone, email and internet. We may also meet you on site if you live near any of our offices in
Central Victoria, Gippsland, Mornington or Melbourne in Victoria; Cowra in New South Wales; or Darwin in Northern Territory.
scribing and on-site editing consultations are available in Central Victoria, Gippsland and Melbourne.
- We work efficiently to complete the writing, editing or proofreading task required. We ensure your document is presented in the style and at the level appropriate to the target audience
- We submit the completed document to you by the agreed deadline.
Importantly, we will only offer to write, edit or proofread a document where we are confident we have the required skills and experience to write,
edit or proofread your particular subject matter. If we are not confident we have sufficient expertise to provide excellent quality, we will
refer you to a writer or editor with more relevant experience.
Our clients and experience
Report writing: selection reports
Over the past 15 years we have scribed, written and edited selection reports and referees' reports for:
- Commonwealth Government departments: Australian Bureau of Statistics; and Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs.
- Northern Territory Government departments including: Local Government; Housing; Business; Regional Development; Families; Health; Planning
and Infrastructure; Infrastructure; Primary Industries; Auditor-General’s; Correctional Services; and Justice.
We scribe information verbally via telephone and draw from the information in resumes, applications and relevant reports to write comprehensive
and transparent selection reports. We guarantee your reports will be accurate and clearly presented in a style that meets the relevant style
guides and templates.
We continue to produce selection reports and referees' reports on a weekly basis. If you have any recruitment processes coming up and would like
us to produce your reports for you, please give us a ring and book ahead to avoid disappointment.
Report writing: other types of reports
We have 15 years' experience in writing reports, articles, applications, submissions and other documents including:
- Summaries, web-pages and articles that targeting specific audiences, for various small businesses in Victoria (2016-2017)
- Submission to Inquiry into Telecommuting and e-Business conducted by the Rural and Regional Committee of the Parliament of Victoria (2014)
- Applications for: full membership of IPEd; nomination for Gippsland Business Awards (2013-2017)
- Tender submission to Menzies School of Health Research (2007)
- Report of three-day forum for NT Department of Children and Families (2005)
- Funding application (AUSAID) (2000)
- Report published by ETISC and presented to WHO: Health and nutrition in Coleato Leotelo according to the people of Coleato Leotelo by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane] and the Chief and community of Coleato Leotelo, Ermera District, Timor Leste. (2001)
- Blog: regular (weekly) articles for our Blog (2016-current): On Time Typing Blog
Editing and proofreading policies, manuals and reports
Over the past 15 years we have edited and proofread a large number of reports, policies and other documents for organisations including:
- Policy suites for NT Department of Education (2015-2017)
- Policy suites for LeasePlan Australia (2016-2017)
- Case note reports for a Financial Planning company (2007-current)
- Selection reports and referees' reports for Northern Territory Government departments including Justice, Health, Families, Corrections, Business,
Housing, Infrastructure, Tourism (2002-current)
- Contract templates, submissions and reports for businesses and companies in Northern Territory, New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria (2002-current)
- Medical Specialist reports (Psychology) - Darwin Consultant Psychologists; psychologist consultant in Bendigo; and psychologist consultancy
in Queensland (2006-current)
- Procedure manuals, policy documents and tender submission for NT Department of Health (2007-2012)
- Reports for PhD students of Charles Darwin University and Edith Cowan University (2010-2012)
Editing and proofreading publications
Sally-Anne Watson Kane has coordinated, edited and proofread a number of publications including research; planning; writing funding applications; coordinating authors and/or providers of oral histories; editing; coordinating teams of editors, proofreaders, photographers and designers;
proofreading; and coordinating printers and printing:
- 100-Up - From Here to Here - Trafalgar Bowls Club Inc 1915 - 2015, 2015; compiled by Joanne Savige and Graham J Hill. Edited by
Sally-Anne Watson Kane. ISBN: -13:978-1-921216-01-5. Published by Peewee Press. Sally-Anne Watson Kane's role included structural editing,
copy editing and proofreading.
- Sharing our Stories – Territory Women 2005 – 2006; edited by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane] and Susan Foster. ISBN 1-921216-00-X. Published
by Peewee Press. Sally-Anne's role included copy editing and line editing.
- Children of the Resistance, 1996, by Sally-Anne Watson Kane (as pseudonyms 'Rebecca Winters and Brian Kelly'). Edited by Sally-Anne
Watson [Kane]. ISBN 0_646_30388_0. Published by AFFET. Sally-Anne's role included structural editing, copy editing and line editing.
- Several publications which were produced in English (translated from Tetun oral histories and publications) and also in Tetun, which have been listed below in Editing English translations and other languages.
For a more detailed list of Sally-Anne Watson Kane's publications see the About Us page of this website: About Us
Sally-Anne has also edited and/or proofread a number of non-fiction and academic publications for various clients.
Editing English translations and other languages
Sally-Anne Watson Kane has translated Tetun to English, and English to Tetun, on many occasions over the past 10 years. She continues to develop
her skills in spoken and written Tetun, and interpreting and translating both languages. She is experienced in scribing in both Tetun and English; editing in both languages; translating English to Tetun and translating
Tetun to English; interpreting English into Tetun and vice versa.
- Tais Don, 2015; article published in both English and Tetun. Spoken by Veronica Pereira, master weaver, regarding the special woven
panels (tais) she exhibited in Darwin in 2014. Sally-Anne Watson Kane scribed and edited the article in Tetun; then translated
it into English and edited the English translation.
- Health and nutrition in Coleato Leotelo according to the people of Coleato Leotelo, 2001, by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane] and the Chief
and community of Coleato Leotelo, Ermera District, Timor Leste. Spoken in English and Tetun; partly scribed, partly written by Sally-Anne
who scribed the Tetun portion and translated it into English, and wrote the remainder of this report in consultation with the Chief of
Coleato Leotelo. Edited in English by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane]. Published by ETISC.
- Translation of Buibere: Lian Feto Timor Lorosa'e Nian, vol. 2, into the English language (manuscript), 2002; translated into English by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane]. Sally-Anne's role included translating the 2001 publication in the Tetun language into English and editing the English translation.
- Buibere: Lian Feto Timor Lorosa'e Nian, vol. 2, 2001 (in the Tetun language); compiled by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane]. ISBN
0_646_41719_3. Published by Fokupers, Timor Leste. Some sections translated from English publication into Tetun, some sections scribed
in Tetun. Sally-Anne edited this publication in the Tetun language with the assistance of Timorese translators.
- English translation of Buibere: Lian Feto Timor Lorosa'e Nian, vol. 2, 2001; translated and edited by Sally-Anne Watson
[Kane]. (Unpublished manuscript.)
- Buibere: Voice of East Timorese Women, vol. 1, 1999; compiled by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane] (as pseudonym 'Rebecca Winters').
ISBN 0_9577329_3_7. Published by ETISC. Sally-Anne ecorded testimonies in Tetun and Portuguese; worked closely with Timorese translators
to scribe their translation of the testimonies into English; and worked closely with Timorese translators and Australians to edit the testimonies
and this publication in English.
- 2001-2002: Interpreting Tetun to English, and/or English to Tetun, for staff of United Nations offices in Timor Leste, international not-for-profit organisations and Timorese organisations.
- East Timor Interviews Recorded November 1998, 2001; compiled and edited by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane] (as pseudonym 'Rebecca Winters').
Published by ETISC. Sally-Anne recorded 11 interviews in Tetun and Portuguese; worked closely with Timorese translators to scribe their
translations of the testimonies into English; and edited this compilation in the English language.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane, Proprietor of On Time Typing, is committed to:
- Encouraging and assisting writers, editors and self-publishers to pursue their goals with the overall aim of those people completing and publishing
- The ethical copyright, ownership and use of spoken, recorded and written words and images; ensuring that where people's words and images are used or
published this is done in a culturally appropriate and respectful manner in regard to the writers, storytellers, musicians, photographers, artists,
or people whose images, words or music have been photographed or recorded
- Sharing information with other small business owners - particularly inexperienced people just starting out - in regard to scribing, writing, editing, proofreading, oral histories, self-publishing, coordinating publications, and
small business management
- Continually learning and developing more skills in all areas of life and work and, in particular, writing, editing and proofreading.
We offer free consultations and advice in regard to writing, editing, proofreading, oral history, self-publishing and coordinating others' publications.
After discussing the issues with us, if you would then like us to assist further by editing or proofreading your manuscript, we will provide
you with a quote.
- Scribing, report writing, editing and proofreading are charged at an hourly rate, or at a flat rate for the whole task based on the estimated
number of hours required
- We will provide you with a quote based on our hourly rate for scribing, report writing, editing or proofreading, and will need you to confirm
your acceptance of that quote prior to commencing work
- There is no charge for initial consultations or general consultations about writing, editing, proofreading or publishing. However, if you
ask for a quote and then accept that quote for further services, the subsequent hours of consultations, writing, editing or proofreading
will be charged at the rates outlined in your quote.
Call us for a free consultation and quote on: 0419 337824.