On Time Typing
- provides scribing, writing, editing, proofreading, transcript and self-publishing services across Australia
- scribes reports, correspondence, resumes, minutes of meetings and transcripts of audio recordings (interviews, focus groups and medical transcription); writes reports, websites and publications; edits and proofreads reports, manuals and publications; provides self-publishing services from manuscript to book launch stage
- is Australian-owned and operated and has been a GST-registered business in Australia since 2002. ABN 24 058 673 136
- guarantees Quality, Confidentiality and Reliability. We have voluntarily 'opted in' to be covered by the relevant sections of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and is included in OAIC's Opt-In Register under section 6EA(3) of the Act
- provides services across Australia to individuals, businesses and organisations in Melbourne and regional Victoria; Alice Springs, Darwin and Northern Territory; Sydney and New South Wales; Canberra and ACT; Hobart, Tasmania; Adelaide, South Australia; Perth, Western Australia; Cairns, Brisbane and Townsville in Queensland
- has a team of scribes, writers and editors (subcontractors) who are all based in Australia. For more information see: The On Time Typing Team
- is registered as a 'local provider' (on site capability) with Industry Capability Network (ICN) in Northern Territory, New South Wales and Victoria
- has current Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance with AON Risk Services Australia P/L.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- owns and operates On Time Typing (established 2002) - scribing, report writing, copy writing, editing, proofreading and self-publishing services; manages an Australian-based team of typists, scribes, writers and editors. For more information see: The On Time Typing Team
- also owns and operates Peewee Press (since 2002), our self-publishing imprint
- is a professional editor and full member of Institute of Professional Editors Australia
- has 20 years' experience in audio transcription (dictated psychologist and financial reports and transcripts of interviews, focus groups, investigations, hearings), 25 years' experience in writing and editing and 20 years' experience recording, transcribing, compiling and self-publishing oral histories and anthologies. She has been scribing selection, procurement and referee reports since 2002. She also writes websites and articles, edits and proofreads policies and reports and provides self-publishing services to authors, businesses and organisations
- prior to establishing On Time Typing in 2002, she was employed as audio transcriptionist producing transcripts of parliamentary sittings, with Hansard (NT); and from 1996 to 2001, compiled, edited and produced several publications. If you'd like to know more about Sally-Anne's history, go to: How I became a scribe
- many years ago, Sally-Anne regularly performed her poetry in Darwin. Nowadays, she edits and proofreads others' poetry in close consultation with the poets. She has written and self-published children's books, continues to write fiction and poetry, and is passionate about writing, editing and self-publishing.
Our other scribes, writers and editors
are Australian residents who live in or near Bendigo, Traralgon, Morwell, Moe, Warragul, Pakenham, Melbourne and Mornington in Victoria; Darwin, Northern Territory; and Sydney, New South Wales
are On Time Typing's subcontractors, each with their own private office and equipment, in their own home
have signed Confidentiality Agreements with On Time Typing. They are:
- Claire McGregor: editing and proofreading fiction and non-fiction publications. Claire is an accredited editor with Institute of Professional Editors.
- Dee Sansom: scribing, editing and proofreading reports and publications.
- Dianne Becker: copy typing medical specialist reports; online audio transcription; producing resumes in consultation with clients; specialises in academic and other research interview and focus group transcripts.
- Judie Burleigh: copy typing; online audio transcription; specialises in academic and other research transcripts.
- Ruth Mooney: copy typing; online audio transcription; specialises in academic and other research transcripts, typing and proofreading.
- Leila Brown: copy typing; online audio transcription; specialises in legal and hearing transcripts, property valuation reports and financial advice reports.
- Rae Desmond: copy typing; online audio transcription; specialises in medical and academic research interview and focus group transcripts.
- Vani Kalase: medical transcription; typing; extensive experience in most medical specialties including Radiology, Histopathology and Dentistry.
For more information about Sally-Anne and the team, go to: The On Time Typing Team.
Join us on social media
Sally-Anne Watson Kane regularly posts articles about editing, proofreading, writing, scribing, work-life balance, small business and other
LinkedIn: Check out Sally-Anne's profile and articles, and join her network of 2000+ professionals, businesses and employees:
LI Sally-Anne Watson Kane
Facebook: Follow us on Facebook
Twitter: On Time Typing
Google+: On Time Typing (scribing and editing)
Pinterest: On Time Typing
See our Sensis (Yellow/White Pages) ads at:
Our publications and current projects
For details of the self-published books edited and produced by Sally-Anne Watson Kane, go to: Publications
Sally-Anne regularly writes and publishes articles in her Blog and LinkedIn about editing, proofreading, scribing, writing; working from home and small business; reviews of books, movies and events; views about contemporary issues facing Australia.
Sally-Anne is currently involved in the following publications:
- producing a self-published local history which will be published under the Peewee Press imprint in late 2018
- editing a clients' non-fiction manuscript
- manuscript appraisal and structural suggestions/editing.
Sally-Anne has been commended by international architects Francis-Jones Morehen Thorp Pty Ltd for her article about the new library
and community centre in Moe, Gippsland (Victoria): Glowing praise for 'Because We're Worth It'. Some time after the article was published, the architects won a national award for designing the centre: 2017 Walter-Burley-Griffin award for urban design. More views and reviews of local events and places are in the pipeline.
Memberships & professional development
Proprietor Sally-Anne Watson Kane is a full member of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) (Australia), and a registered mentor (although yet to provide mentorship) within IPEd's mentoring program. She is also a member of: Privacy Professionals Network, Latrobe Regional Gallery, Writers Victoria, Secret Editors' Business (FB), Moe & District Writers Group, Gippsland Writers Group, Gippsland Editors, Latrobe Women in Business (FB), Business Women Network East Gippsland (FB), PEN Melbourne and AMNESTY International.
Sally-Anne has completed the following courses and presentations:
- March 2018: Own Voices Forum: Why Writing Matters - social model of disability best-practice language, advocacy and power, presented by Writers Victoria in Moe, Gippsland, Victoria.
- February and March 2018: Financial Security for Small Business - workshops 1 and 2, presented by Latrobe City Council, Victoria.
- September 2017: Business Success one-day workshop presented by Federation Business School, Churchill, Gippsland, Victoria.
- 15 August 2017: Simplified Recruitment Merit Selection Training presented by Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment, Public Sector Appeals & Grievances Review, Northern Territory Government, in Darwin, Northern Territory. Awarded Certificate of Attendance - Simplified Recruitment Merit Selection Training.
- 2016-2017: workshops and courses around marketing in a digital environment, critiquing manuscripts, SEOing, blogging, and online business management.
- 2013/14: Sally-Anne, on behalf of On Time Typing, presented verbal and written submissions to the Inquiry into Telecommuting and e-Business conducted by the Rural and Regional Committee of the Parliament of Victoria, which produced its final report in 2014: www.parliament.vic.gov.au/rrc
- 2008: Microsoft Publisher – Database & Publications Design – iGain, Morwell, Victoria
- 2007: Promoting Better Business In Our Region – Rights & Obligations under the Fair Trading Act –Consumer Affairs Victoria, Moe, Victoria
- 2006: Staff Selection – Interview techniques & interview report writing: Attracting and shortlisting’; Selection assessment strategies; Referees and ranking; Reports and feedback – NT
Department of Corporate & Information Services, Northern Territory
- 2005: Sally-Anne, on behalf of On Time Typing, presented a workshop at Business Enterprise Centre, Darwin: How to make Your Home Based Business Successful.
- 2000: Tetun Language Course – 2001, Timor Aid, Dili, East Timor
- 1994-1998: nine units of Bachelor of Arts (English Literature), Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Northern Territory. High Distinction (HD)
awarded for: English Literary History, 20th Century Australian Literature, World Literatures, Modern Literature, Independent Study (William
Blake), and Evolution of Humankind and Culture. Distinctions and Credits awarded for: Contemporary Fiction, Indigenous Health Issues, South-East Asian Studies 2.
On Time Typing's editor Claire McGregor (subcontractor) has completed Diploma in Feature Writing (Honours) and the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) accreditation examination, and is an accredited editor with IPEd.
Contact us for more details regarding the qualifications and experience of our typists, scribes, writers and editors.
- August 2017: On Time Typing was awarded certificate as a finalist in the 2017 Federation Business School Gippsland Business Awards - Business and
Professional award section. On Time Typing was assessed in regard to providing leadership in the industry, innovation, satisfying clients and stakeholders, complying with relevant legislation, accessibility and other criteria. The awards included presentations in Traralgon on 25th August 2017, and a series of Business Success workshops at Federation Business School, Churchill, in September 2017. Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 Federation Business School Gippsland Business Awards: https://gba.org.au/2017-federation-business-school-gippsland-business-awards-winners/
- January 2016: On Time Typing 'opted in' to be covered by the relevant sections of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia). Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) advised on 27/1/16, : '[The OAIC]... will be including your details in the Opt-In Register under s 6EA(3) of the Act. ... The OAIC appreciates your commitment to protecting individuals’ privacy. Thank you for adopting the Australian Privacy Principles as your standard when handling personal information.'
- 2013: On Time Typing was awarded a certificate as a finalist in the 2013 Bendigo Bank Gippsland Business Awards, On-Line Retailing/e-Business category.
- 2002: Sally-Anne was awarded the Australian Government Award: 'The Australian Government expresses its gratitude to Sally-Anne Watson for a valued contribution towards assisting developing countries to reduce poverty and achieve sustainable development'. Award signed by Prime Minister John Howard and Minister for Foreign Affairs Alexander Downer.
- 1991: Sally-Anne Watson Kane was awarded Certificate of Merit – 20/20 English, Year 12, and Certificate of Achievement – 20/20 English, Year 12.
On Time Typing is committed to
- Confidentiality. We guarantee we will keep your information private. We have voluntarily 'opted in' to be covered by the relevant sections of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and are included in OAIC's Opt-In Register under section 6EA(3) of the Act.
- The ethical and culturally appropriate use, copyright and ownership of spoken, recorded and written words and images, that respects ownership rights of writers,
storytellers, photographers and artists as well as those whose images have been filmed or photographed
- Encouraging writers and editors to pursue their writing and self-publishing goals by sharing information. We offer a free initial consultation in regard
to writing, editing, proofreading, oral histories, self-publishing, freelancing and business management. We publish regular blog articles and actively participate in Secret Editors' Business, an online group of professional editors
- Supporting Australian-owned businesses and companies that are wholly based in Australia. Wherever possible, we purchase our software, hardware and services from Australian providers and retail outlets
- Regular review of and adherence to the On Time Typing Green Policy: recycling paper, using only recycled and wheat-pulp paper, using locally-made equipment and services where possible, and using solar power.
On Time Typing is proud to acknowledge the Traditional Owners of Australia and we pay our respects to the Elders of this land, past and present. In particular,
we acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the countries where our typists and editors are based: Gunaikurnai (Gippsland), Woi Wurrung/Wurundjeri (Melbourne), Boon Wurrung/Bunurong (Mornington Peninsular), Dja
Dja Warrung (Bendigo), and Larrakia (Darwin area).
All photographs in this website are Copyright owned by On Time Typing/Peewee Press.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane would like to thank:
- Darwin Web Design (Northern Territory) for designing our website and providing ongoing redevelopment and technical support
- Gibson Accounting (Traralgon, Victoria) for accounting services
- Penny Baird (IPA) of Bluegum Bookkeeping (Bendigo, Victoria) for book-keeping services and support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- My husband, DK, for creating the logo image (peewee/mudlark) for the On Time Typing and Peewee Press logo (Trademarked 2002) and for contributing photographs for our website and blog articles
- Veronica Pereira for her assistance in producing Buibere - Voice of East Timorese Women, Volume 1 and Buibere – Lian Feto Loro Sa’e Nian volum 2, and ongoing assistance, support and collaboration in projects
- Our dedicated team of scribes, editors, proofreaders, graphic designers and transcriptionists - Ruth, Leila, Rae, Judie, Dianne, Dee, Claire and Vani.