On Time Typing
- specialises in scribing, writing, editing, proofreading and transcript services across Melbourne and regional Victoria; Darwin and Alice Springs, Northern Territory; Sydney, New South Wales; Brisbane and Cairns, Queensland; Canberra, ACT; Hobart, Tasmania; Adelaide, South Australia; Perth, Western Australia.
- is Australian-owned and operated, and has been a GST-registered business in Australia since 2002 - ABN 24 058 673 136
- is registered as a local provider with Industry Capability Network (ICN) in Northern Territory and Victoria
- has current Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance with AON Risk Services Australia P/L.
- has a small team of experienced scribes, online transcriptionists, editors and proofreaders, all of whom are subcontractors residing in Australia and all of whom have signed Confidentiality Agreements with On Time Typing
- is based in Moe, Gippsland, with on-site typists, scribes and editors in Pakenham/Dandenong and Upper Plenty, Melbourne; Mornington Peninsular; Warragul and Traralgon, Gippsland; Bendigo and Castlemaine, Central Victoria; Darwin in Northern Territory; and Sydney and Riverina in New South Wales.
On Time Typing is committed to protecting your private information. In January 2016 On Time Typing voluntarily 'opted in' to be covered by the relevant
sections of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia). Our details are included in the OAIC's Opt-In Register under
s 6EA(3) of the Act.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- is Proprietor of On Time Typing - scribing, report-writing, copy writing, editing and proofreading services
- is Proprietor of Peewee Press, a small publishing business
- is a professional editor and full member of Institute of Professional Editors Australia.
- manages an Australian-based team of typists, editors and transcriptionists: Dianne Becker, Leila Brown, Ruth Mooney, Richard Powell, Rae Desmond, Dee Sansom, Judie Burleigh, and Claire McGregor who is an Accredited Editor with Institute of Professional Editors.
For further details about the On Time Typing Team or our experience telephone us on 0419 337824 or go to: The On Time Typing Team
Blog, Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Sally-Anne Watson Kane regularly posts articles about editing, proofreading, transcription, work-life balance, online business management and other
LinkedIn: Check out Sally-Anne Watson Kane's profile and join our network of almost 2000 professionals, businesses and employees:
LI Sally-Anne Watson Kane
Facebook: Visit our Facebook pages:
Twitter: On Time Typing
Google+: On Time Typing (scribing and editing)
Our publications and current projects
For details of all our publications in English and Tetun languages, our Peewee Press publications and our other editing and proofreading experience, go to: Publications by Peewee Press and Sally-Anne Watson Kane
Sally-Anne Watson Kane writes and publishes articles in the Blog attached to this website, and on LinkedIn. Articles are about editing, proofreading, scribing and audio transcription as well as reviews of books, movies and events, and her views about contemporary Australia. She is involved in mentoring and local community groups. She is currently engaged in coordinating the publication of a Peewee Press community history publication, and a long term project editing a client's non-fiction publication.
Sally-Anne was highly commended by international architects Francis-Jones Morehen Thorp Pty Ltd for writing the blog article entitled 'Because we're worth it' about the new library
and community centre in Moe, Gippsland (Victoria): Glowing praise for 'Because We're Worth It'. Congratulations to the architects, who after this article was published, won a national award for designing Moe's wonderful community centre: 2017 Walter-Burley-Griffin award for urban design.
Memberships, professional development, awards
Memberships & professional development
Proprietor Sally-Anne Watson Kane is a full member of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) (Australia), and a registered mentor within IPEd's mentoring program.
Sally-Anne is a member of: Privacy Professionals Network; Latrobe Regional Gallery; Writers Victoria, Friends of NT Writers' Centre (FB), Secret Editors' Business (FB), Moe & District Writers Group, Gippsland Writers Group, Latrobe Women in Business & Business Women Network East Gippsland (FB), PEN Melbourne, AMNESTY International.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is working towards undertaking the IPEd accreditation examination. She has completed the following courses and qualifications:
- September 2017: Business Success one-day workshop presented by Federation Business School, Churchill, Gippsland, Victoria.
- 15 August 2017: Simplified Recruitment Merit Selection Training delivered by Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment, Public Sector Appeals & Grievances Review, Northern Territory Government, in Darwin, Northern Territory.
- 2016-2017: short courses including marketing in a digital environment, critiquing manuscripts, SEOing, blogging, and online business management.
- 2013/14: Sally-Anne Watson Kane (on behalf of On Time Typing) presented verbal and written submissions to the Inquiry into Telecommuting and e-Business conducted by the Rural and Regional Committee of the Parliament of Victoria, which produced its final report in 2014: www.parliament.vic.gov.au/rrc
- 2008: Microsoft Publisher – Database & Publications Design – iGain, Morwell, Victoria
- 2007: Promoting Better Business In Our Region – Rights & Obligations under the Fair Trading Act –Consumer Affairs Victoria, Moe, Victoria
- 2006: Staff Selection – Interview techniques & interview report writing: Attracting and shortlisting’; Selection assessment strategies; Referees and ranking; Reports and feedback – NT
Department of Corporate & Information Services, Northern Territory
- 2005: Sally-Anne Watson Kane presented a workshop at Business Enterprise Centre, Darwin: How to make Your Home Based Business Successful.
- 2000: Tetun Language Course – 2001, Timor Aid, Dili, East Timor
- 1994-1998: nine units of Bachelor of Arts (English Literature), Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Northern Territory. High Distinction (HD)
awarded for: English Literary History, 20th Century Australian Literature, World Literatures, Modern Literature, Independent Study (William
Blake), and Evolution of Humankind and Culture. Distinctions and Credits awarded for: Contemporary Fiction, Indigenous Health Issues, South-East Asian Studies 2.
Editor Claire McGregor has completed Diploma in Feature Writing (Honours) and has undertaken the IPEd accreditation examination. She is an accredited editor with IPEd (Australia).
Contact us for more details regarding the qualifications and experience of our editors and proofreaders.
- 15 August 2017: Sally-Anne Watson Kane awarded Certificate of Attendance - Simplified Recruitment Merit Selection Training, delivered by Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment, Public Sector Appeals & Grievances Reviews.
- August 2017: On Time Typing awarded certificate as a finalist in the 2017 Federation Business School Gippsland Business Awards - Business and
Professional award section. On Time Typing was assessed in regard to providing leadership in the industry, innovation, satisfying clients and stakeholders, complying with relevant legislation, accessibility and other criteria. The awards included presentations in Traralgon on 25th August 2017, and a series of Business Success workshops at Federation Business School, Churchill, in September 2017. Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 Federation Business School Gippsland Business Awards: https://gba.org.au/2017-federation-business-school-gippsland-business-awards-winners/
- January 2016: On Time Typing 'opted in' to be covered by the relevant sections of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia). Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) advised on 27/1/16, : '[The OAIC]... will be including your details in the Opt-In Register under s 6EA(3) of the Act. ... The OAIC appreciates your commitment to protecting individuals’ privacy. Thank you for adopting the Australian Privacy Principles as your standard when handling personal information.'
- 2013: On Time Typing awarded a certificate as a finalist in the 2013 Bendigo Bank Gippsland Business Awards, On-Line Retailing/e-Business category.
- 2002: Australian Government Award: 'The Australian Government expresses its gratitude to Sally-Anne Watson for a valued contribution towards assisting developing countries to reduce poverty and achieve sustainable development'. Award signed by Prime Minister John Howard and Minister for Foreign Affairs Alexander Downer.
- 1991: Sally-Anne Watson Kane awarded Certificate of Merit – 20/20 English, Year 12, and Certificate of Achievement – 20/20 English, Year 12.
On Time Typing's commitment
We are committed to:
- The ethical and culturally appropriate use, copyright and ownership of spoken, recorded and written words and images, that is respectful of the writers,
storytellers, photographers or artists involved and the people who have been photographed or recorded
- Encouraging and assisting writers, editors and self-publishers to pursue their writing and publishing goals; sharing information and knowledge in regard
to scribing, writing, editing, proofreading, compiling oral histories, self-publishing, coordinating publications, and better small business management
- Particularly encouraging and assisting Indigenous writers and organisations in terms of pursuing their writing and publishing goals including writing,
editing, proofreading, compiling oral histories and coordinating publications
- Supporting Australian-owned businesses and companies that are wholly based in Australia. Wherever possible, we purchase our software, hardware and services from Australian providers and retail outlets
- Adhering to our Green Policy to reduce carbon emissions which includes recycling paper, using only recycled and wheat-pulp paper, and using solar power.
On Time Typing is proud to acknowledge the Traditional Owners of Australia and we pay our respects to the Elders of this land, past and present. In particular,
we acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the countries where our typists and offices are based: Gunaikurnai (Gippsland), Wurundjeri (Melbourne), and Dja
Dja Warrung (Bendigo) in Victoria, and Larakia (Darwin and area) in Northern Territory.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane would like to thank:
- Darwin Web Design (Northern Territory) for designing our website and providing ongoing technical website support: www.darwinwebdesign.com.au
- Gibson Accounting (Traralgon, Victoria) for accounting services: Gibson Accounting
- Penny Baird (IPA) of Bluegum Bookkeeping (Bendigo, Victoria) for book-keeping services and support: email@example.com
- Darren Kane for creating the On Time Typing and Peewee Press logo image (magpie lark/peewee/dilladilla) (2002)
- Veronica Pereira for her assistance in producing Buibere - Voice of East Timorese Women, Volume 1 and Buibere – Lian Feto Loro Sa’e Nian volum 2, and ongoing assistance, support and collaboration in projects
- Our fantastic team of scribes, editors, proofreaders and transcriptionists - Ruth, Leila, Rae, Judie, Dianne, Dee, Claire and Richard.