On Time Typing
- is a registered business in Australia since 2002
- specialises in online transcription (transcript production), scribing, writing, editing and proofreading
- Australian owned and operated. Our editors and transcriptionists all reside in Australia. Our typists and offices are based in Melbourne, Central Victoria and Gippsland, Northern Territory and New South Wales. Our main office is in Moe, Gippsland (Victoria).
- is registered as a business with ASIC, and as a local service provider with ICN in Northern Territory and Victoria
- has Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance
for Secretarial, Transcription and Technical Writing Services.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- is Proprietor (owner/operator) of On Time Typing - scribing, writing, editing and proofreading services
- is Proprietor of Peewee Press, a small publishing business that complements On Time Typing's services
- is a professional editor and full member of Institute of Professional
On Time Typing is committed to protecting your private information. In January 2016 On Time Typing voluntarily 'opted in' to be covered by the relevant sections of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia). Our details are included in the Opt-In Register
under s 6EA(3) of the Act.
On Time Typing provides services to businesses, students and other individuals in Melbourne and regional Victoria; Darwin and Northern Territory; Sydney and New South Wales; Canberra and the ACT; Tasmania; South Australia; Western Australia; and Queensland.
We are a small team of experienced scribes, online transcriptionists, editors and proofreaders, all of whom reside in Australia and have signed Confidentiality Agreements with On Time Typing. We are: Sally-Anne Watson Kane (Proprietor), Richard Powell, Dianne Becker, Leila Brown, Ruth Mooney, Rae Desmond, Dee Sansom, Judie Burleigh and Gayle Randall. We live in Bendigo (Central Victoria), Moe and Morwell (Latrobe City, Gippsland), Mornington (Mornington Peninsula) and Hampton Park (Melbourne), in Victoria; Cowra in New South Wales; and Darwin, Darwin, Northern Territory. For further details about the On Time Typing Team and our specific skills and experience telephone us on 0419 337824 or read more at: The On Time Typing Team
Blog, Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Blog: Sally-Anne Watson Kane regularly posts articles about editing, proofreading, work-life balance, home-based businesses and other topics: http://www.ontimetyping.com/blog
LinkedIn: Check out Sally-Anne Watson Kane's profile and join our network of over 1000 professionals, businesses and employees: LI Sally-Anne Watson Kane
Facebook: Visit our main Facebook page at: On Time Typing Australia or our other Facebook pages:
Twitter: On Time Typing
Google+: On Time Typing (scribing and editing)
Portfolio of our publications
Published by Peewee Press
- 100-Up - From Here to Here - Trafalgar Bowls Club Inc 1915 - 2015, 2015. Compiled by Joanne Savige and Graham J Hill. Edited and designed by Sally-Anne Watson Kane. ISBN: -13:978-1-921216-01-5. Copyright Trafalgar Bowls Club Inc. 2015. Published by Peewee Press.
- Rocket Power, 2006. Poetry by Evie Watson. Designed and produced by Evie Watson. Cover Design by Darren Kane. Published by Peewee Press. Copyright Evie Watson 2006. Published by Peewee Press.
- Sharing our Stories – Territory Women 2005 – 2006, transcribed by Sally-Anne Watson; edited and compiled by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane] and Susan Foster. ISBN 1-921216-00-X. Copyright YMCA 2006. Sponsored by YWCA of Darwin Inc. Published by Peewee Press.
- Children's Fiction: Flitter-Squeak, 2003; Ekka's Journey, 2000; The Mermaid's Tale, 1998. All written and produced by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane]. Copyright Sally-Anne Watson Kane (2003, 2000 and 1998 respectively). Published by Peewee Press.
Written and/or compiled, and edited, by Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- Health and nutrition in Coleato Leotelo according to the people of Coleato Leotelo, 2001, compiled and edited by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane] and the Chief and community of Coleato Leotelo, Ermera District, East Timor. Copyright East Timor International Support Centre (ETISC) 2001. Published and presented to World Food Organisation and World Health Organisation in East Timor in 2001.
- Buibere: Lian Feto Timor Lorosa'e Nian, vol. 2, 2001, compiled and edited (in Tetun) by Sally-Anne Watson [Kane]. ISBN 0_646_41719_3. Published by Fokupers, East Timor. Copyright Fokupers 2001. Publications coordinator Sally-Anne Watson Kane. Funded by USAID-OTI, Fokupers and Australian Volunteers International.
- Buibere: Voice of East Timorese Women, vol. 1, 1999, compiled and edited by Sally-Anne Watson Kane (under the pseudonym of 'Rebecca Winters'). ISBN 0_9577329_3_7. Published by East Timor International Support Centre (ETISC). Copyright ETISC 1999. Publications Coordinator Sally-Anne Watson Kane.
- Funded by The HIVOS Foundation (Netherlands).
- East Timor Interviews Recorded November 1998, 1999; 11 testimonies recorded, translated, compiled and edited by Sally-Anne Watson Kane (under the pseudonym 'Rebecca Winters'). Published by East Timor International Support Centre (ETISC) on website. Copyright ETISC 2001.
- Children of the Resistance, 1996, by Sally-Anne Watson Kane (under the pseudonyms 'Rebecca Winters and Brian Kelly'). ISBN 0_646_30388_0. Based on one month in East Timor in 1996, Sally-Anne wrote, compiled and edited these creative non-fiction stories about East Timor. Published by AFFET. Copyright AFFET 1996.
For more information about our publications go to: Publications by Peewee Press and Sally-Anne Watson Kane
Publications in progress
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is currently working with a colleague on a project, and writes and publishes at least one article a week in this website's blog and LinkedIn.
Feedback about published articles
Sally-Anne was recently commended by Francis-Jones Morehen Thorp Pty Ltd for writing the blog article entitled 'Because we're worth it' about the new library and community centre in Moe (Victoria, Australia). Permission has been given to reprint that letter at: Glowing praise for 'Because We're Worth It'
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is a professional editor and full member of Institute of Professional Editors (Australia).
Sally-Anne is a member of:
- Privacy Professionals Network
- Latrobe Regional Gallery
- Writers Victoria
- Friends of NT Writers' Centre (FB)
- Secret Editors' Business (FB)
- Moe & District Writers Group & Gippsland Writers Group
- Latrobe Women in Business & Business Women Network East Gippsland (FB)
- PEN Melbourne
- AMNESTY International.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane is currently engaged in studying for IPEd's 2018 accreditation examination.
Completed courses and qualifications include:
- Microsoft Publisher – Database & Publications Design – iGain, Morwell, Victoria
- Promoting Better Business In Our Region – Rights & Obligations under the Fair Trading Act –Consumer Affairs Victoria, Moe, Victoria
- Staff Selection – Interview techniques & interview report writing: Attracting and shortlisting’; Selection assessment strategies; Referees and ranking; Reports and feedback – NT Department of Corporate & Information Services, Northern Territory
- Tetun Language Course – 2001, Timor Aid, Dili, East Timor
- 9 units of Bachelor of Arts (English Literature) – 1994-1998, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Northern Territory. High Distinction (HD) awarded for: English Literary History, 20th Century Australian Literature, World Literatures, Modern Literature, Independent Study (William Blake), and Evolution of Humankind and Culture. Distinctions and Credits awarded for: Contemporary Fiction, Indigenous Health Issues, South-East Asian Studies 2.
Presentations and awards
January 2016: Advice to On Time Typing from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) on 27/1/16, after On Time Typing 'opted in' to be covered by the relevant sections of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia): '[The OAIC]... will be including your details in the Opt-In Register under s 6EA(3) of the Act. ... The OAIC appreciates your commitment to protecting individuals’ privacy. Thank you for adopting the Australian Privacy Principles as your standard when handling personal information.'
2013/14: Sally-Anne Watson Kane (for On Time Typing) presented verbal and written submissions to the Inquiry into Telecommuting and e-Business
conducted by the Rural and Regional Committee of the Parliament of
Victoria. In February 2014 the Committee produced its final report which
is available for download: www.parliament.vic.gov.au/rrc
2013: On Time Typing selected as a finalist in
the 2013 Bendigo Bank Gippsland Business Awards, in the category of
2005: Sally-Anne Watson Kane presented a workshop at Business Enterprise Centre, Darwin: How to make Your Home Based Business Successful.
1991: Sally-Anne Watson Kane awarded:
- Certificate of Merit – 20/20 English P, Year 12
- Certificate of Achievement – 20/20 English P, Year 12
On Time Typing is committed to:
- The ethical
and culturally appropriate use, copyright and ownership of spoken, recorded
and written words and images, that is respectful of the writers, storytellers, photographers or artists involved and the people who have been photographed or recorded
- Encouraging and assisting writers, editors and self-publishers to pursue their writing and
publishing goals; sharing information and knowledge in regard to scribing, writing, editing, proofreading, compiling oral
histories, self-publishing, coordinating publications, and better small business management
- Continually learning and developing our skills in
all areas of life and work.
On Time Typing supports Australian-owned businesses and companies that are wholly based in Australia. We purchase only recycled paper and wheat-pulp paper made in Australia. Wherever possible, we purchase our software, hardware and services from Australian providers and retail outlets.
On Time Typing is proud to acknowledge the Traditional Owners of Australia and we pay our respects to the Elders of this land, past and present. In particular, we acknowledge the Traditional Owners where our typists and offices are based: Mornington, Gippsland, Melbourne and Bendigo in Victori, Darwin NT, and Cowra NSW.
Sally-Anne Watson Kane would like to thank:
- My husband, Darren, for drawing the On Time Typing and Peewee Press logo image (magpie lark/mudlark/peewee) in 2002
- Darwin Web Design for designing our website in 2002 and ever since then, redesigning our website as required: www.darwinwebdesign.com.au
- Penny Baird (IPA) of Bluegum Bookkeeping for book-keeping, BAS services and support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leeanne Bull of Bull & Associates - Tax Returns for Individuals and Businesses – for accounting services and support: email@example.com
- Veronica Pereira for her assistance in producing Buibere - Voice of East Timorese Women, Volume 1 and Buibere – Lian Feto Loro Sa’e Nian volum 2, and for her ongoing assistance, support and collaboration in projects
- Our fantastic team of scribes, editors and transcriptionists - Ruth, Gayle, Leila, Rae, Judie, Dianne, Dee and Richard.