On Time Typing
- guarantees Quality, Confidentiality and Reliability, and is committed to protecting your private information. We have voluntarily 'opted in' to be covered by the relevant sections of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and is included in OAIC's Opt-In Register under section 6EA(3) of the Act.
- specialises in scribing, writing, editing, proofreading, transcript and self-publishing services across Australia
- is Australian-owned and operated. We have been a GST-registered business in Australia since 2002: ABN 24 058 673 136
- provides services across Australia via email, internet and telephone, as well as face-to-face. Our clients live in Darwin, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Tasmania, Canberra and regional towns and cities including Bendigo, Traralgon, Morwell, Warragul, Pakenham, Mornington, Alice Springs, Katherine and Cairns
- has a team of typists, scribes and editors (subcontractors) who are all based in Australia. They live in or near Bendigo, Traralgon, Morwell, Moe, Warragul, Pakenham, Melbourne and Mornington in Victoria; Darwin, Northern Territory; and south-eastern New South Wales. All our typists have signed Confidentiality Agreements with On Time Typing. For more information about On Time Typing's team members go to: The On Time Typing Team .
- is registered as a local provider with Industry Capability Network (ICN) in Northern Territory, New South Wales and Victoria
- has current Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance with AON Risk Services Australia P/L
Sally-Anne Watson Kane
- owns and operates On Time Typing - scribing, report-writing, copy writing, editing and proofreading services (since 2002)
- also owns and operates Peewee Press (since 2002) which is our self-publishing imprint
- is a professional editor and full member of Institute of Professional Editors Australia
- manages an Australian-based team of typists, editors and transcriptionists. For more information see: The On Time Typing Team
Join us on social media
Sally-Anne Watson Kane regularly posts articles about editing, proofreading, transcription, work-life balance, online business management and other
LinkedIn: Check out Sally-Anne's profile and articles, and join her network of about 2000 professionals, businesses and employees:
LI Sally-Anne Watson Kane
Facebook: Follow us on Facebook
Twitter: On Time Typing
Google+: On Time Typing (scribing and editing)
Our publications and current projects
For details of the self-published books edited and produced by Sally-Anne Watson Kane, go to: Publications
Sally-Anne Watson Kane regularly writes and publishes articles in her Blog and on LinkedIn. They are about editing, proofreading, scribing and audio transcription; reviews of books, movies and events; views about contemporary Australian culture and society. She is currently engaged in producing a self-published local history which will be published under the Peewee Press imprint in lat 2018; and editing a clients' non-fiction manuscript.
Sally-Anne has been commended by international architects Francis-Jones Morehen Thorp Pty Ltd for her article about the new library
and community centre in Moe, Gippsland (Victoria): Glowing praise for 'Because We're Worth It'. We congratulate the architects who, after the article was published, won a national award for designing the centre: 2017 Walter-Burley-Griffin award for urban design. More views and reviews of local events and places are in the pipeline.
Memberships & professional development
Proprietor Sally-Anne Watson Kane is a full member of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) (Australia), and a registered mentor (although not yet active) within IPEd's mentoring program. She is also a member of: Privacy Professionals Network, Latrobe Regional Gallery, Writers Victoria, Secret Editors' Business (FB), Moe & District Writers Group, Gippsland Writers Group, Gippsland Editors, Latrobe Women in Business (FB), Business Women Network East Gippsland (FB), PEN Melbourne and AMNESTY International.
Sally-Anne has completed the following courses and presentations:
- September 2017: Business Success one-day workshop presented by Federation Business School, Churchill, Gippsland, Victoria.
- 15 August 2017: Simplified Recruitment Merit Selection Training delivered by Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment, Public Sector Appeals & Grievances Review, Northern Territory Government, in Darwin, Northern Territory. Awarded Certificate of Attendance - Simplified Recruitment Merit Selection Training.
- 2016-2017: workshops and courses around marketing in a digital environment, critiquing manuscripts, SEOing, blogging, and online business management.
- 2013/14: Sally-Anne, on behalf of On Time Typing, presented verbal and written submissions to the Inquiry into Telecommuting and e-Business conducted by the Rural and Regional Committee of the Parliament of Victoria, which produced its final report in 2014: www.parliament.vic.gov.au/rrc
- 2008: Microsoft Publisher – Database & Publications Design – iGain, Morwell, Victoria
- 2007: Promoting Better Business In Our Region – Rights & Obligations under the Fair Trading Act –Consumer Affairs Victoria, Moe, Victoria
- 2006: Staff Selection – Interview techniques & interview report writing: Attracting and shortlisting’; Selection assessment strategies; Referees and ranking; Reports and feedback – NT
Department of Corporate & Information Services, Northern Territory
- 2005: Sally-Anne, on behalf of On Time Typing, presented a workshop at Business Enterprise Centre, Darwin: How to make Your Home Based Business Successful.
- 2000: Tetun Language Course – 2001, Timor Aid, Dili, East Timor
- 1994-1998: nine units of Bachelor of Arts (English Literature), Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Northern Territory. High Distinction (HD)
awarded for: English Literary History, 20th Century Australian Literature, World Literatures, Modern Literature, Independent Study (William
Blake), and Evolution of Humankind and Culture. Distinctions and Credits awarded for: Contemporary Fiction, Indigenous Health Issues, South-East Asian Studies 2.
On Time Typing's editor Claire McGregor (subcontractor) has completed Diploma in Feature Writing (Honours) and successfully completed the IPEd (Australia) accreditation examination, and is an accredited editor with IPEd.
Contact us for more details regarding the qualifications and experience of our typists, scribes and editors.
- August 2017: On Time Typing was awarded certificate as a finalist in the 2017 Federation Business School Gippsland Business Awards - Business and
Professional award section. On Time Typing was assessed in regard to providing leadership in the industry, innovation, satisfying clients and stakeholders, complying with relevant legislation, accessibility and other criteria. The awards included presentations in Traralgon on 25th August 2017, and a series of Business Success workshops at Federation Business School, Churchill, in September 2017. Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 Federation Business School Gippsland Business Awards: https://gba.org.au/2017-federation-business-school-gippsland-business-awards-winners/
- January 2016: On Time Typing 'opted in' to be covered by the relevant sections of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia). Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) advised on 27/1/16, : '[The OAIC]... will be including your details in the Opt-In Register under s 6EA(3) of the Act. ... The OAIC appreciates your commitment to protecting individuals’ privacy. Thank you for adopting the Australian Privacy Principles as your standard when handling personal information.'
- 2013: On Time Typing was awarded a certificate as a finalist in the 2013 Bendigo Bank Gippsland Business Awards, On-Line Retailing/e-Business category.
- 2002: Sally-Anne was awarded the Australian Government Award: 'The Australian Government expresses its gratitude to Sally-Anne Watson for a valued contribution towards assisting developing countries to reduce poverty and achieve sustainable development'. Award signed by Prime Minister John Howard and Minister for Foreign Affairs Alexander Downer.
- 1991: Sally-Anne Watson Kane was awarded Certificate of Merit – 20/20 English, Year 12, and Certificate of Achievement – 20/20 English, Year 12.
On Time Typing is committed to
- Confidentiality. We guarantee to keep your information private. We have voluntarily 'opted in' to be covered by the relevant sections of the Privacy Act (1988) (Australia) and is included in OAIC's Opt-In Register under section 6EA(3) of the Act.
- The ethical and culturally appropriate use, copyright and ownership of spoken, recorded and written words and images, that is respectful of writers,
storytellers, photographers and artists and those whose images have been filmed or photographed
- Encouraging writers and editors to pursue their writing and self-publishing goals by sharing information. We offer free consultations in regard
to writing, editing, proofreading, oral histories, self-publishing, freelancing and business management. We publish regular blog articles and actively participate in Secret Editors' Business online group of professional editors
- Supporting Australian-owned businesses and companies that are wholly based in Australia. Wherever possible, we purchase our software, hardware and services from Australian providers and retail outlets
- Regular review of and adherence to our Green Policy: recycling paper, using only recycled and wheat-pulp paper, using locally-made equipment and services where possible, and using solar power.
On Time Typing is proud to acknowledge the Traditional Owners of Australia and we pay our respects to the Elders of this land, past and present. In particular,
we acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the countries where our typists and editors are based: Gunaikurnai (Gippsland), Woi Wurrung/Wurundjeri (Melbourne), Boon Wurrung/Bunurong (Mornington Peninsular), Dja
Dja Warrung (Bendigo), and Larrakia (Darwin area).
Sally-Anne Watson Kane would like to thank:
- Darwin Web Design (Northern Territory) for designing our website and providing ongoing redevelopment and technical support: www.darwinwebdesign.com.au
- Gibson Accounting (Traralgon, Victoria) for accounting services: Gibson Accounting
- Penny Baird (IPA) of Bluegum Bookkeeping (Bendigo, Victoria) for book-keeping services and support: email@example.com
- Darren Kane for creating the On Time Typing and Peewee Press logo image (2002) and contributing photographs for website and blog articles
- Veronica Pereira for her assistance in producing Buibere - Voice of East Timorese Women, Volume 1 and Buibere – Lian Feto Loro Sa’e Nian volum 2, and ongoing assistance, support and collaboration in projects
- Our dedicated team of scribes, editors, proofreaders and transcriptionists - Ruth, Leila, Rae, Judie, Dianne, Dee, Claire and Richard.