Confidentiality – how will you keep my information private?
On Time Typing will keep your information private.
- We are committed to maintaining confidentiality and protecting individuals' privacy.
- Since 2015 we have voluntarily 'opted in' to be covered by the relevant sections of the
Privacy Act (1988) (Australia). The Office of the
Information Commissioner (OAIC) confirmed that On Time Typing "... has
chosen to be treated as
an organisation in accordance with s 6EA(2) of the Act, and [OAIC] will be
including your details in the Opt-In Register
under s 6EA(3) of the Act. ... The OAIC appreciates your commitment to protecting individuals’
privacy..." Email from OAIC to On Time Typing: 27/1/16.
- On Time Typing is Australian owned, and the Proprietor and our team of audio transcriptionists/typists reside in Australia. Our team members have signed strict Confidentiality Agreements with On Time Typing. Upon request we provide you with a signed Guarantee of Confidentiality.
- Once you have confirmed your booking, we ask you to send us the recordings or documents we need to complete the task. Proprietor Sally-Anne Watson Kane will either complete the work herself or delegate the task to an On Time Typing typist. Your material will be seen only by Sally-Anne and the typist completing the task.
- On Time Typing keeps a record of the names and contact details of clients for our own reference only. We do not share that information with anyone else.
- Sally-Anne Watson Kane and the On Time Typing team of typists carry out their work within a secure office based within their own homes.
- On Time Typing uses a forwarding website to receive your audio files. We delete your files from the forwarding website after they have been sent to us and ensure only On Time Typing has access to your files. Upon completion of your booking, within six months all your information is permanently deleted from all our computers (or upon request all information is deleted prior to that). Any hardcopy information in relation to your booking is destroyed (shredded) within six months with the exception of the basic 'booking sheets', quotes and invoices which are kept for administrative record-keeping.
Feel free to contact us via telephone or email if you have further questions about how we keep your information secure and confidential.